Chapter 8: The Consequence & More Planning

Shuichi Saihara POV

It was the next day and I was feeling anxious.

What will happen to me? The punishment can't be that bad, can it?

What if Ouma was lying and he didn't actually know it was me...

Either way, I'm still feeling nervous...

Dr.Kirigiri suddenly walked into my room without any warnings, it scared me a bit.

"Hello Saihara, I'm guessing you know what I've been told..." She spoke.

I gulped, oh no...

She took a deep breath and looked up at me, "Saihara, I'm quite dissatisfied with your actions. You went out of your way to disrespect someone's privacy... You could have done many things without doing what you have done. Though, I wouldn't blame you. Ouma is a tuff one."

"W-Whats my punishment?" I asked.

"After the meeting with one of my colleagues, Makoto Naegi. You will be cleaning the cafeteria, organizing the library, and take orders from the medical staff. I've let you off the hook this time since it was understandable, however, if this ever happens again, you will receive a worse punishment. Possibly moving hospitals." She said in a cold tone while glaring at me.

"I apologize for my actions... It won't h-happen again. B-But, who's Makoto Naegi..? And why am I meeting up with him?" I asked with my hand on my chin.

"Yesterday, I told you will be meeting with the future foundation. He works for the future foundation. If it wasn't obvious." She informed me.

"Ah... I s-see." I said awkwardly.

She walked out of the room, I'm assuming because I will be meeting with Mr.Naegi. And so I waited, and waited, and waited.

Time passed so slowly, my thoughts swarmed around in my head.

Until I heard my door opening, so I look up.

"Hello, my name is Makoto Naegi. I work for the future foundation, branch 14. I've come to ask you questions about the killing game." The brown hair man said proudly.

For the past hour, he asked specific questions about my stay in the killing game. Just like Dr.Kirgiri...

After he left Dr.Kirigiri came in, saying her goodbyes to Naegi and walking up to me.

"Come on... Get ready, it's time for your punishment." Dr.Kirigiri told me.

"A-Alright." I agreed, and as she ordered, I got ready.

I walked out of my room and noticed she was waiting for me. Dr.Kirigiri signaled me to follow her, so I did.

We've got to the cafeteria as everyone was leaving. Dr.Kirigiri gave me a broom and told me to start sweeping every single cranny.

For the past half hour, I swept the whole cafeteria. I moved to the hallway, I noticed Kirumi and Ryoma outside of their room, talking.

They seemed to have noticed me and walked up to me, "Hello Shuichi, Ryoma, and I have some spare time. Would you like some help?" Kirumi asked me.

I used this time to analyze their forms, Kirumi had a black dress, the sleeve was ruffled up. She also has some fancy black heels on. I couldn't tell what were the injuries, but I assume she has scars on her arm since it's covered.
On the other hand, Ryoma was wearing a greaser outfit, he had a black leather jacket on, and a black t-shirt which was tucked in his denim jeans. Down under, he had regular black shoes. He had tiny scars on every single part of his skin. Though those wouldn't take long to fade.

"S-Sure... It's up to you." I finally responded.

They did as they pleased, grabbed themselves a broom, and started helping me sweep the hallways.

I was slightly touched by this, they're helping me though I deserved this. I'm glad they are my friends...

Even though they are right next to me, sweeping with me, I couldn't stop thinking about Ouma.

I can't help but pity him...

He's suffering alone... And he believes had should suffer even more.

I... Don't want him to suffer alone, but I also can't forgive him entirely. He was a disgusting and unforgivable human-being.
But he did all of that to save all of us. He also wanted the killing game for everyone. That alone makes me forgive him...

I want to make this situation better for him... Maybe convince everyone to forgive him! It will take a lot of effort but.. Soon... We can all become friends.

I turn to my friends who were helping me, "Hey Kirumi and Ryoma, despite Ouma's actions, would you forgive him?"

They stood still, silently, until Kirumi spoke up, "It's quite complicated. From what I've seen after dying, he became worse. I truly believe that isn't the real him... My conclusion, yes, I will. Not only that, but I will help him throughout his situation. No matter what."

She has a determined look on her face, I turned to Ryoma, he spoke up as well, "Err... It's complicated... He has done worse things than people in prison. However, if I can forgive Kirumi for failing, I think I forgive that fella'"

I didn't even have to convince those two. There's hope for Ouma after all...

The three of us finally finish sweeping the entire hallway for our floor, so I waved my goodbyes and went straight to my room.

I'll organize the books in the library later.

Anyways...

What would be the plan for this...

By the time I meet up with everyone, we should have group sessions...

So with every person I meet, from this point forward, I'll convince them fo forgive Ouma!

Kokichi Ouma... I care about you. Please get better...

My...

Beloved liar...

.
.
.
.
.
I dropped my phone in the toilet, not a joke... I can still smell the shit👶💦.

+This is what Kirumi wore with some black heels😍💅

+just imagine a grease outfit for Ryoma🙄🤚