Chapter 26: Kaito

Shuichi Saihara POV

I wake up to the smell of... Smoke...?

Burnt... Something is burning!

I didn't even bother putting on pants or my wonderful slippers! I quickly rushed to the smell.

Which I found myself staring at Kokichi trying to cook pancakes half asleep.

I can tell he was half asleep because every time he blinked, he would try to keep this head up but it would go right back down.

I walked to the kitchen, turned off the stove, and tapped on Kokichi shoulder to wake him up.

He jolted up, almost stumbling out of his wheelchair!

Kokichi panicked and looked around to see where he was. When he realized he was in the kitchen, in a safe place, he finally looked up at me.

"... Good morning...?" He weirdly smiled

"Why did that sound like a question?" I chuckled while cleaning up the mess he made.

"Sorry about that... I tried to be helpful but-"

"You don't have to show me your helpful. You don't have to force yourself to prove something to me. You living is enough for me." I smiled at him.

"Thanks..." He said but then suddenly giggled.

"Why are you-?" But before I could finish my question, he was pointing at my clothes.

I looked straight down to see my boxers and a thin shirt on me. A WAS HALF-NAKED!

I blushed super red, I know this because Kokichi started laughing even more, and ran to my room.

I shut the door and quickly put whatever I had laying around.

It was morning and we didn't have anything planned today so I just put my pajama pants on.

I walked back out to see Kokichi baking the pancakes correctly.

"Huh... I didn't expect you to be capable of cooking, Kokichi." I chuckled.

"What? How do you expect me to feed my members?! Of course I know how to cook." He puffed out.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door.

"Oh, I'll get that," I informed Kokichi who didn't bother turning his eyes away from the pancakes.

I opened the door to see one of my best friends, Kaito Momota.

"Hey, Kaito. If you're here to get me to work out, I'm not exactly in the mood." I said to him while scratching my neck.

"Oh, don't worry Shuichi. I'm not here for that, I'm here for Kokichi." He responded with a proud smile.

"What?" Me and Kokichi both said at the same time.

I turned around to see Kokichi picking his head out of the kitchen to see the man himself.

"Why?" Kokichi eyed Kaito suspiciously.

"You'd promise we would have a talk in the hospital yet you didn't show up." Kaito directed to Kokichi.

"Oh yeah... Uh, do you like pancakes?" Kokichi asked out of nowhere.

It didn't take long for the three of us to start eating the pancakes Kokichi had made.

Afterward, I helped Kokichi get ready and I sent them both out of the dorm.

Hm... I wonder what they'll discuss...