-1-

Heather made sure she was one of the first girls in the sorority so she could claim the best room for her and Courtney. She chose the bed to the left and started hanging pictures of herself in a pink tutu from when she did ballet in high school. She stepped back and looked at her progress. The pink complemented the cream walls quite nicely. She then took out a picture of her cat Bruiser before placing it on her nightstand. She pouted, already missing him.

Staying at her parents' house for the Summer wasn't exactly fun. Her dad went golfing with his friends at least three times a week, and her mom was constantly busy with her accounting job. She would've gone to Courtney's, but she was in New York with her family. Therefore, the cat was her only company for those three months. And that wasn't necessarily a bad thing. Heather and her parents weren't exactly fond of each other. The last time she had a decent conversation with her mother was never. And the last time she had any conversation exceeding three words with her father was three years ago, give or take.

She was just finishing making her bed when there was a knock on the already opened door. "Hey, you dropped your glitter glue." Heather spun around to see Courtney.

"Thank GOD you found it before Izzy did. I swear to god she needs to be put in a fucking mental institution after last year's incident."

"I don't think Izzy's here yet. Is my presence going to get any acknowledgment?"

"Yes, of course," she rolled her eyes. "Hi, Courtney. You get the right bed this year." Courtney walked in and promptly laid her suitcase on the bed. "Did you get me any souvenirs?" Heather rocked back and forth on her heels expectantly.

"Actually, I did. Hold on." She opened her suitcase. She reached into one of the side pockets and pulled out a keychain with a small picture of Central Park on it.

Heather took it and smiled. "Ugh, I want to go to New York so badly! That's like, one of the top places to get famous!"

"I told you I could hide you in one of the suitcases."

"I wouldn't be able to last for the entire flight!"

"I know," Courtney laughed. "You're too tall for that."

"Duh, model tall!"

"Speaking of models, how did your Summer job applications go?"

"I couldn't get hired because every place was looking for full-time, not Summer hours," she crossed her arms. "Which, by the way, is a MAJOR loss for them! I was so close to getting a job at Victoria's Secret, but they picked this blonde white chick with huge tits like Lindsay over ME! Can you get any more basic?!"

"Heather," she laughed. "I bet they would've picked you if you had open availability."

"Oh, I know they would have!"

"As terrible as this sounds, you may have to get a job at the school before you can pursue a career-"

"No way! Not happening!"

"Hey, I worked at the bookstore for one semester, and it wasn't all that bad."

"But Courtney, you don't understand. I hate working for people! The only job with a boss I can stand is modeling, and that is going to be the gateway to owning my own business!"

"Yes, but sometimes you have to start from the very bottom."

"I shouldn't have to start from any bottom! People don't realize how valuable I am!"

"They will one day. I just know it!" Courtney's phone buzzed with a text message. "Oh, hold on a minute!"

"Is it idiot boy again?"