-2-

Duncan walked into he and Alejandro's room that night. He heard the shower running, so he laid back in his bed and scrolled through his phone, waiting for his turn.

Thirty minutes passed, and Duncan was starting to get annoyed. He got up and knocked on the bathroom door. "Uh, dude, you can't just use up all the hot water."

There was no answer, but the water was shut off. Alejandro came out with only a towel around his waist. "Hello, my fellow roommate," he greeted formally.

"...Hey. Did you hear what I told you about using up the water?"

"Oh, well...I am sorry for that. I value exfoliation greatly."

Duncan noticed dark red hickeys all the way down his body. He raised his eyebrows. "I was wondering where you were all night. Now I see."

"Ah, yes," Alejandro smirked, looking down at himself.

"You have a girlfriend?"

"No, I just enjoy casual dates."

"I... wouldn't call that casual."

"Usually, the women want more."

"Huh. Alright then," he shrugged.

Alejandro put on his boxers from under his towel and slid on a red pajama shirt. "Duncan, is it?"

"Yeah. And Alejandro?"

"Yep." He got out his phone and immediately started texting the girl he was going out with the next night.

"So, what's your major?" Duncan asked.

"Psychology."

"Mine's engineering. My brothers and I love building cars."

Alejandro didn't reply, for he wasn't paying attention. All his focus was on the girl he was currently texting.

'I think a woman like you deserves only the best.' He texted.

'Really? Awe, you're so sweet!🥰'

'But you are the sweeter one! We'll have so much fun on our date!'

'I can't wait!'

"Um, hello? Dude, are you even listening?" Duncan asked.

He blinked. "Oh, yes, my apologies. I was flattering my next date."

"How many dates do you usually go on?"

"An average of four a week."

"Have you...ever actually had a relationship with any of them?"

"No, they never work out."

"Why not?"

"They change their minds the next day," he lied.

"All of them? Damn," he chuckled. "That sucks."

"Yes, it is very unfortunate. Do you have a girlfriend?" He quickly tried to steer the conversation away from himself. No one knew a thing about him, and he intended to keep it that way.

"Yeah, Courtney. We've been together for two years."

"Courtney?"

"Courtney Barlow."

"Thank you, amigo." Alejandro needed to learn everyone's name quickly. The more he knew, the more popular he would become among his peers. Duncan Nelson has been dating Courtney Barlow for two years.

"I'm gonna head to the shower." Duncan grabbed his pajamas and a towel.

"I think there's still some more hot water left!"