《28》 Guilt

Color art by h0pe.lez (insta)

Thank you Riko once again for making playlists for my FFs!! 
Now this time it is a Senku X Kai inspired playlist~!!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QAVuVftuSQ

underlined words = Speaking English
.
.
.
.

Taiju, Yuzuhira, and Senku were able to rejoice with their reunion through the phone. The three childhood friends felt a sense of nostalgia in hearing each other's voices after one year. And though as much as they wanted to sit down and chat for a while...they had a mission to do as well.

"Then...have you received any messages from Gen and the others?" Senku asked Taiju, expected to receive an agreement but instead...Taiju responded otherwise. 

"No...I haven't heard anything," The brunette then took a look around the area, "All we saw was the phone buried really deep into the ground,"

At his friend's phrase, Senku's eyes were wide like saucers...he wasn't expecting Taiju to say that, nor for the group to not leave a message. 

"It's not like Gen to leave without saying anything..."

"S-Something must have happened...!"

The rest of the gang inside the observatory room muttered to themselves, they too finding the news quite unexpected. Knowing the mentalist, Gen would have left something.

Senku looked ahead, his crimson eyes wavering slightly....admitting that he was a bit worried for the group out there. And considering the fact that Gen had to be here for their next plan furthered worried him. 

All he could do really was to wait for their arrival---

---At the same time...in the outskirts of Tsukasa's Empire, was Gen, Kai, Chrome, and Magma hidden just behind a deserted plain of dry grass. One by one they poke their head out, cold sweat dripping down their faces after running around all sunrise. 

"Why are we hiding behind these bushes...!?" The brute man Magma proceeds to stand from his crouched position, "Let's kill the bastards we see--!!"

Though he was pulled down by Kai herself, tugging onto his forearm rather hard, "Stop it!! We can't just go killing off the enemy if we don't even know where they are--!!"

Chrome's voice soon followed after, "You're the type to get mowed down on the battlefield right off the bat Magma...!!!"

They were being loud, urging Gen to shush them as much as possible so that the man chasing after them wouldn't catch up onto their location. And when they did quiet down, Gen continued to speak. 

"The enemy's name is Ukyo...and he's got insane hearing,"

Chrome then looked around their area, upon realizing where they currently were in, "Then these bushes are bad..!!" Picking at one of the strands of dry grass, the thing broke off easily without much effort.