《21》Hyoga

"S-Sorry Senku...!"

The said genius was currently picking his ear, both now standing after Kai yeeted herself at the male. She continuously bowed her head in apology, feeling bad since Senku was much weaker than her. And the fact that she threw herself at him, she was scared that she might have fractured something. But the male insisted that he was fine.

"I just was so happy when you gave me the stone...!" She says, gaze downcasted away from Senku, who on the other hand, also refused to look after her. Not when he felt so flustered from her bold hug from earlier, never in his life expecting to be hugged by the stoic girl. Senku wasn't the type to show physical affection or even receive it from others...so he was a bit unsure how to respond to all this. Was he suppose to disregard her actions? He thought that was the right option for now...

"Is it something important to you?" Senku changed the subject, all in hopes to forget her touch. His words made the emerald eye girl stop midway to her head bow, slowly looking up to meet his crimson eyes. She then glanced down at the stone clutched in her hand, a faint memory of her father flashes through her head.

"Yes.." She properly straightens her back as a small smile beams over her face, catching Senku's attention. He said nothing, seeing that she had more to say.

"It was a gift from my father, who was constantly on business trips," Kai says, her gaze never leaving the stone in her hand, "This stone would console me whenever I would miss him,"

___

"How about this..." Just then, the man pulled out from his pocket a drop-shaped stone, "Te dejo esto..."

The young girl blinks, peering over at the palm of her father's. She saw a green-like stone, its color much reflecting hers and her father's eyes color. She picked it up with her tiny hands, a small smile now growing on her young features.

"So pweety~" She gleams, making her father smile even more at this. He goes over and squeezes her palm close shut, sealing the emerald stone inside her small hands, "Cuando te sientas sola...carry this stone so that you can remember me,"

The young emerald eye girl nods at her father's words, holding the stone tightly within her grasp

"Recuerdame..."

____

"I see...so it was an important gift.," Senku mumbles, silently admiring her warm smile. He for sure thought Kai would have felt offended or upset that he has kept that stone up until now. He felt a tad bit glad that she wasn't mad at him.

"My father has a similar stone as well, using it whenever he would miss me," She turns to Senku, flashing him a close-eye smile, "After all, we both share the same eye color as this stone~"