Part 16

Third person POV

Since that night, Harry and Louis were practically attached at the hip. Louis came for visiting hours at the hospital Harry was at till they were over and came back as soon as they started up again with an exception of his school days of course. Harry understand and was more than happy just seeing Louis' face for a few minutes.

Amelia and James have been visiting as much as they could aswell though they had jobs to do so they could pay the bills and Harry urged them to not use their time coming to see him so often, he hoped they wouldn't get sick of him too soon.

Niall and Zayn tried to come as much as they possibly could but Harry understood that they had other friends to see and better things to do. He liked hearing them talk about how they went to a party or that there's a new kid at the school that everyone loves. He liked seeing how happy it made them, how happy they were when he wasn't around.

  Harry had found out that he only needed to be in the hospital for one more week and Harry had never seen someone's face light up like Louis' did when he told him. The way his faded dimples became slightly prominent above his lightly dribbled chin as his pearly whites shone with glee, it was hallucinatory.

  He had been spending more time with his roommate Daniel when the others were gone, it had been nice. Having a friend who doesn't know that you were bullied, or that your boyfriend is the one who bullied you. It's comforting in a way.

Harry's POV

"So why are you in here" I questioned Daniel while exhaling the foul smoke after penetrating my lungs. An addiction I have picked up on the last few weeks, Louis hasn't brought it up since that night, or I just did a good job hiding it.

  I never wanted for it to get this bad, I never wanted to smoke. But when I tried it for the first time it was exhilarating, like I was taking all of the stress and sadness and anger that has built inside of me and just getting rid of it, all in one breath.

  Daniel chuckled darkly while blowing out smoke of his own then turned to look me in the eye to maintain contact.

"Drugs" He said simply, I knew it wasn't all, I knew there was more but I didn't push it. Maybe I should have.

"Why are you smoking if you're in here to get help with drug" I blurted for my own sake. Why would he be in here if he was still gonna do drugs? I brought the fag to my lips reiteratively.

  His lips quirked and he puffed out the ashes from his lungs before he replied. "I didn't choose to be in here now did I" He looked to his book as he spoke.

"Now why are you in here" He said the words that knocked the air out of my lungs, I spluttered the cigarette out from my mouth and began coughing like a maniac, only finding my inhaler minutes later.

  I looked up at him with teary eyes from the ground, I want sure if it was because of the question or the smoke.

  He looked at me with a look that said 'I understand it's hard to say but I don't have all day so hurry up' I took a deep breath before I confessed.

"I tried to kill myself" He looked at me with fear, and maybe a little tinge of empathy, almost like he understood.

  I tried to cut the tension by letting out an obviously forced laugh and quickly took another puff of my cigarette before stubbing it on the ashtray Daniel had layed on the floor between our metal beds beforehand.

"Well Louis is gonna be here in thirty minutes so we should probably start cleaning up. It's Friday so he will probably bribe one of the nurses to spend the night too by the way" I smiled at the thought as I got up from the floor with the ash tray and moved to flush the contents before moving to brush my teeth.