Chapter 6

REY'S POV:

I stood on the desert of Jakku, looking at the sand dunes that streaked on forever.

'Why am I here?' 

"Where are we going Mama?'

I turn around and see a little girl around the age 4 or 5. She had 3 buns with sand-colored clothing on.

"Somewhere! Now be quiet and go play with your toys Rey!"

I gasped. 'Was this.. Was this a memory?' I asked myself.

I looked over to who was supposedly my mother. She had torn clothes, caked with dirt. Her face was young, but unhealthy as if she wasn't taking care of herself. Beauty that was taken away.

I turned and notice a man. He too was young, but worse.. He was laughing and was drinking bottles of substances and gulped down. They both were.. both drunk and high, not even worried or caring about me.

A pain came to my head. I pressed my hands to the sides of my face before looking back up and seeing that the setting changed, but still on Jakku.

Niima Outpost.

"Mama.. Papa? What are we doing here?" Little me asks.. again.

"Rey shut up already!"

I did.

"So how much?"

I saw how little me looked scared- frightened! As my parents are talking to-

Unkar!

'No..'  I thought.

"Err, whatever's the highest price for her," My parents say, pointing at me.

'No.. no it can't be true!'

"Alright, here's 500 credits,"

Unkar handed them four bags of credits before handing me to Unkar. Little me screamed from fright.

"Wait what's going on?! " I ask as Unkar grabs my arm, "Mama?!"

"Were taking a trip, a huge vacation!"

"Oh! Will you come back?"

"Um ya sure I suppose!"

"Promise?"

Before they say anything else to me, they turn their back and walk up the ramp of the ship, and take off.

"Wait! You didn't promise! No! Come back! No!"

"Quiet girl!"

"No!"

"No!" I yell.

I jolt from the bed, waking up sweating. My body shaking, overheated. I throw off the my long-sleeve, leaving my in my undershirt and pants.