chapter ten | broken as me

ten

ten

broken as me

Outside, Murayama and Seki were finally getting the upper hand on Ice when Furuya forcefully dragged Murayama away. Nakagoshi and Nakaoka limped thier way inside when things got hairy and were staring at the two part-timers with rapt attention as Furuya herded Murayama inside.

"What the hell, man!?" Murayama cried "What is wrong with you!? We were just getting the upper hand on the Mighty Warriors!"

"Idiot." Furuya shouted "Midori is in bad shape, Murayama-san!"

Murayama paused, exhaling sharply. "Is she okay?"

"I don't know. She was fine until the Mighty Warriors showed up, then she was sick all over the hallway. I think there's something she's not telling us, but she's only going to talk if you're there. She trusts you."

__

I was still sitting on Todoroki's couch, expertly avoiding every single one of Yasushi's questions about my short-lived love affair with Masaki.

"As entertaining as this is, Yasushi, I don't see how my sex life is any of your business." I hissed as Tsukasa sprayed rubbing alcohol on my split knuckles. It had been a very long time since I was in a fight of this scale. Even a fight that wasn't a simple sparring match.

I fought back another rush of tears as I heard footsteps in the hallway, turning my head to see Murayama and Furuya standing in the open doorway.

"Dori-chan." Murayama's voice cracked as he ran over to me, practically shoving Tsukasa out of the way "Are you okay?"

I shook my head. "I don't think I've been okay for a long time."

His face fell as he wrapped his arms around my shaking form. I got to my feet, attempting to match his height and make the gesture less awkward as I rested my head in the crook of his neck, feeling myself beginning to cry all over again.

"You're going to be all right." The boy said quietly, everybody else in the general vicinity averting their eyes, as if they were intruding on something deeply personal.

___

Minutes later, the fight against the Mighty Warriors had all but concluded, injured Oya students flooding back into the building. I'd found a change of clothes, simply putting on an oversized spare uniform. It was clean, and not covered in blood or dust, which was enough for me. Following my incredibly detailed instructions, Yasushi had managed to get the cinnamon rolls in the oven. After I finished patching up my wounds, and the guys had moved on to theirs, we gathered in the mat room where I had sparred with Murayama on my first day at Oya.

How things had changed since then.

We all sat in a circle, Tsukasa and Murayama on either side of me, Yasushi and Furuya across from me. I tapped my chipped nails on the glass of water Yasushi had brought back from the kitchen, waiting for somebody to ask exactly what had just happened.