epilogue pt. ii | you're the one

epilogue pt. ii

you're the one

if you listen to zutto by doberman infinity and you're the one by greta van fleet in this chapter you will cry and it will be so sweet and my heart is melting. more authors notes at end of chapter.

The half hour before the wedding was the most stressful thirty minutes of my entire life.

Scratch that. The entire week before the wedding was a stress-fest.

My grandmother loved having the kids around. Only the main faction leaders were here, but Nakazono had figured out how to run a livestream back to Oyakou for all the kids who hadn't been able to fly out. My grandmother was spoiling the kids rotten, and we'd likely have a hard time getting them to go back to Hope Hills. Kazuma was teaching Fujio and Nakagoshi how to surf, which was always entertaining to watch. I hadn't surfed since high school, but the waves were good enough that I went back out there a few times.

On the day of the wedding, Ichigo Milk set up a huge tent on one corner of my granparents' property, and were dead set on keeping me away from Murayama before I walked down the aisle. Nonoriki insisted that it would be bad luck for Murayama to see me in my dress before the wedding, and they even roped some of the S.W.O.R.D guys into keeping him away.

Junko was fussing over my hair while Oshiage poked my face with the ends of makeup brushes, gushing about how great they thought I looked.

"Murayama is so lucky to have you." Junko remarked. "God, I can't wait until I get married."

"Junko-san!" Oshiage scolded "Don't make her laugh while I'm trying to do her makeup!"
The entire thing was actually fairly uncomfortable.

"Odajima!" I shouted for the blond, who was in makeup chair of his own after Nonoriki insisted he needed to do something with his hair. "Can you go check on the kids? Tsukasa's suit is a rental and I will literally throttle that child if he damages it."

"Not a problem." Odajima said, getting up from the chair while Nonoriki protested

"I'm not done yet!" She shouted