Chapter 9: Wylan

I looked around, my head turning to each and every person as they explained and told their story. I was shocked to see Matthias and Nina and even more surprised about Inej. Kaz had been stressing over her for the past three months and now he was smiling at Inej with a look of love in his eyes. Wylan was happy for them and glad that Kaz was better. He turned as Jesper gathered the group's attention by clearing his throat. "Wy and I have to go drop my father at the docks. He's heading back to Novyi Zem tonight." he announced. Right, he had forgotten with all the commotion and chaos going on. He saw Inej and Nina sprint up the stairs as Jes grabbed his hand and they made their way through the crowd and out of the building. Everyone seemed happy and everything was back to normal in the Slat. Jesper and Wylan didn't have to help as much anymore since Kaz seemed back to his usual self.

     A few minutes later, they reached the motel room that Mr. Fahey was staying in. Jesper and Wylan were living at the Van Eck mansion until they found another place to stay and Mr. Fahey hadn't wanted to intrude. Jes and I each carried one of Colm's bags and we headed to the port. I said my farewells to Mr. Fahey, then stepped aside to let Jesper have a moment with his father. Jes came to find me and we waved goodbye to his father as he climbed aboard the ship. Jesper and I retired to the mansion for the night.