Chapter 29

The scarlet coloured ballgown flew around me and Elizabeth. Everybody's eyes were on us as it was my spotlight dance of the night, but I only noticed the story grey eyes in front of me, the ones staring back at me. Anybody who didn't know us would thing were madly in love but in reality, it's the complete opposite. It's hard to love someone who has made your life a living hell since the age of 16. But nevertheless, the dress flew around me and her as we danced. The one person I hate the most pulled me closer to her body and whispered in my ear.

"You do look lovely tonight love. A shame this dress will be covered in blood in just a few hours and no one will know. Everybody will have forgotten about you."

I chuckled under my breath.

"I believe that will be you who will be covered in blood. And I will be glad when you're gone."

"Don't be silly Scarlett, you know you won't succeed in that task. You're too weak to kill me. We've known each other for so long and have unresolved issues, you won't kill me because you won't get your revenge." She said with a smile.

"Don't be so foolish Elizabeth, I could never get revenge from you. Only when hell freezes over will I start my revenge."

She spun me around and held me close to her body again, the dagger strapped to my thigh pressed against me.

"Oh, so you think you could kill me. Well, I could kill you too. But only if your heart was broken first."

"I will spit on your grave that you won't deserve once I've killed you."

"So, you'll visit me even when I'm dead. That's nice to know."

She spun me to the music, and we continued to glide around the ballroom, I'm not going to lie, I was having some fun but I'm never going to admit that to anyone.

"People are starting to question your evil smirk; you might want to wipe it of your face before I hit your face and kill you."

As the music came to an end, we bowed to each other and Elizabeth placed a small piece of paper into my hand before walking away.

I turned and walked the opposite direction to find my friends, completely forgetting about the paper.