Too Familiar

Little Joon sits in his room as he studies for his test tomorrow at school.

This was apart of his schedule as usual.

1. Wake up early and morning chores.

2. Prepare for school

3. School

4. Dad's assistant will pick him up from school and take him to work.

5. Work under dad whether that be in the office or in the streets.

6. Come home and do homework and night chores.

7. Repeat

Namjoon's father always kept him moving. He was so strict. Rarely would he have any fun.

It didnt always used to be that way. When Mother was still alive they used to go out to the park and have picnics and family time. Things were nice. And when she died Namjoons father went cold and never turned back.

Every now and then he would catch a glimpse of hope on his father's face but it never lasted long.

Namjoon knew his father loved him. So he would endure it.

Namjoon was raised to become the successor of not only a company but a Mafia. He needed to know as much as possible. But he was still just a child.

Every now and then he would sneak out of his house to go play with the kids who's parents were apart of his Mafia.

One of them being a kid they called BamBam.

BamBam was known for being a wild child. He was everything Namjoon wanted to be.

BamBam would take anything he wanted and he had all the confidence. He would snag all the hit girls and when they became teens they would throw the sickest parties.

Bambam and Namjoon stayed close.

But no matter what there would always be a large disparity between the two.

Namjoon goes home to a Mason on the hills and goes to the best schools and eats a cuisine every night.

BamBam lived in the slums. Went to public schooling. And couldn't afford to eat out unless it was a birthday.

Namjoon would become BamBams bossman.

BamBam would become Namjoons lackey.

This would always sit in the back of their minds.

Well one day Namjoon was told that he would be working rounds on the streets of Ilsan with his father.

They rode down the familiar streets as both sat in the car. "Today Son..." Namjoons father started "You prove to be a man worthy to become a Mafia Leader."

"Dad what do you mean."

"One of our trusted members has betrayed your father. He has taken money from us."

"How is that even possible?"

"You'll see."

He looked through the window and watched as the cars, trees, and houses passed by.

All too familiar.

They stop at the house on the corner of the street. BamBam's house.

"Father what are we doing here?" Namjoon said worried.

"Come on Son. Like I said we have business to take care of."

They walk into the house to be greeted by BamBam's father.

"Sir, I wasn't expecting your visit here. Is there an issue?"

"Actually yes." Joon's father replies.

Namjoons father whips out a gun and cocks it.

"Your son has been close friends with my son and im glad that he has had such a good companionship. To bad that it isn't even real. You order your son to become friends with mine so he can steal from me on your behalf."

"Dad what are you saying BamBam wouldve never done something like that."

"This is the day you learn what it is to be a true ruler of this world. Which is to trust no one especially those closer to you son."

"No. I refuse to believe it." Joon says in disappointment.

Just then BamBam walks into the house to see a gun pent to his father's head and Namjoon staring at him in despair.

"Why Bam....why did you do it." Joon asks trying to fight the tears out of his eyes. "I trusted you. If you needed anything I you could've just ask...."

"WHAT AND BE YOUR LITTLE SERVANT FOREVER?" BamBam interrupts. "We both know what was up. You were always going to be looking down on me no matter what. You have everything served to you on a silver platter. Well me. I have to work for mine so sorry if I saw an opportunity."

"You take me as a fool. Firstly I never looked down on you for anything. I've always kept it real with you from the beginning. And you go and steal from me bitch." Namjoon is angry now.

Namjoon takes the gun from his father and empties the whole clip on BamBams father.

BamBam watches in shock as he watches his bestfriend kill his father with no remorse.

Namjoon doesn't even spare another word on BamBam he simply shoulder bumps him on his way out.

"Here's the money for the funeral." He throws stacks of money on the floor as he closes the door behind him and his father.

That was the first kill Namjoon ever had. His anger got the best of him for the first time. And that was the result.

BamBam left stunned at the sight of his father couldn't move. His bestfriend killed his father just because he stole a couple grands from  him.

BamBam promised to get Namjoon back for that from now on.