Chapter Five

Mikan's Pov:

Me, Miss Saionji, and the rest of the students went inside the gym. There were sixteen chairs. There were four chairs near the first, second, and third wall. And four chairs in the middle of the gym. Ms. Usami told us to stand near the walls so she could give us assigned seats for the two hour meeting. Me, Miss Saionji, a girl named Ibuki Mioda, and a girl named Mahiru Koizumi sat in the middle of the gym. Ms. Usami walked on the stage and grabbed the microphone. "Hello everyone." If you don't know who I am my name is Ms. Usami and I teach ninth grade English and World History." "Before I start I want you all to know that I hope you all have an amazing four years hear and that you have successful future." She then talked about all the school rules and our classes. The only new class I learned about is that we have gym every other sunday from 1:00pm-2:30pm. Once she was done, she split us into groups so that we could all get to know at least some of the students before school started tomorrow. I was grouped with Miss Saionji, Ibuki, and Mahiru. "Hey yall!" "My names Ibuki Mioda!" She said cheerfully. "Tch." "Whatever." "What's your name?" Miss Saionji asked the red haired girl. "My name is Mahiru Koizumi." She said calmly. "What's your name cute cheeks?" Ibuki asked me. "M-My name is M-Mikan Tsumiki." I told her. "What's your name blondie?" Ibuki asked Miss Saionji. "HEY!" "DON'T CALL ME BLONDIE YOU LOUD MOUTHED PIECE OF GARBAGE!" "MY NAME IS HIYOKO SAIONJI!" She hollered at her. Everyone in the gym was staring at her with wide eyes. But she didn't care. She just sat right back down in her seat. I chuckled at how loud she got just for someone calling her 'blondie.' I thought it was adorable. "WHAT ARE YOU SMILING AT PIG BARF?!" She yelled. "N-NOTHING MISS SAIONJI!" I replied with fear in my voice. "That's what I thought." She said. A few minutes later, Ms. Usami said we were free to go back to our rooms. I was walking near the gym doors. But while I was walking, I tripped and fell straight onto the floor. Everyone was surrounding me and asking if I was ok. Except for Miss Saionji. "Hah!" "What an idiot!" Miss Saionji yelled out. Now, I was really embarrassed. I quickly got up and ran straight into the hallway. I ran up the stairs and went into my room. I shut the door behind me and sat on my bed. I always got really  embarrassed when I tripped. Especially when it was in front of people. I wasn't mad at Miss Saionji though. I could never be mad at her. I grabbed my diary from the drawer. Writing in my diary always calms me down. I opened it and began to write.

September 2, 2008

Dear diary,

Yesterday I met this gorgeous girl with blonde hair and orange eyes. She was wearing a beautiful orange and green kimono. It looked stunning on her. She also had these cute bows in her hair. Her name is Hiyoko Saionji. But she tells me to call her Miss Saionji. So I do. We met when I was exploring the school. I accidentally tripped down the stairs and fell on top of her. She was really angry at me for it. And I knew I deserved it. I was just upset at myself for giving her a scar. I wanted to give her some alcohol and a bandaid for the scar, but she said no. I don't blame her. Why would anyone want help from a person who physically hurt you? Once she ran away, I went up to my room and fell asleep. This morning, we met again. I told her what my name and ultimate was, and she said they were both stupid. But I didn't mind. She laughed at me when I tripped while walking out of the gym, but I didn't mind that either. I could never be mad at her. I had a feeling she would change her perception and tone towards me one day. I just had to be patient. And I don't mind waiting. I don't mind waiting for my Saionji.

From, Mikan Tsumiki

I shut my diary and put it back in my drawer. I looked at my clock. It was 12:30pm. I wanted to get some fresh air. So I changed out of my nurse uniform and put on a pink tank top and blue denim shorts. I left my room and walked down the stairs. While walking down the stairs I saw Miss Saionji near the main door that led to the outside. She was standing next to Mahiru. "Hey look Mahiru!" "It's pig barf!" Miss Saionji yelled while pointing at me. I finished walking down the stairs and walked towards them. "Hiyoko, you can't just go around and insult people like that." Mahiru said calmly but firmly. "Why the hell not Mahiru?!" Miss Saionji asked loudly. "Because it's disrespectful." Replied Mahiru. "Whatever." "What are you doing down here idiot?" Miss Saionji asked me. "I-I was just about to go for a walk." "Do you want to come with me?" I asked. "Why would I want to do that?" "It would be embarrassing to be seen with a skanky bitch like you." She said with a wide smile. "A-Alright." "I'll just go by myself." I said while looking down. I opened the main doors and left the building. I felt a little bit better from walking around after what Miss Saionji said. I wasn't upset with her, but words hurt. I heard someone behind me. I stopped walking and turned around to see who it was. I was surprised to see Miss Saionji. "Keep walking idiot." "I'm only walking with you because I got bored." She said while walking next to me. I smiled. I was happy Miss Saionji wanted to spend time with me. "Wipe that smile off your face." "It makes you look more of an ugly pig than you already." She said sternly. "Y-Yes Miss Saionji." I said while forming a straight face. I didn't show it, but she gave me butterflies in my stomach whenever she was next to me. I didn't mind. I liked it.