Chapter Thirty Four

Mikan's Pov:

Today was Valentine's day. And I was really excited. I was excited to show Hiyoko my Valentine's day gifts I got her. Which were two kimonos. One black and one white. Her two favorite colors besides orange.

"Mikan, you in there?" Hiyoko's voice made me jump out of my bed and run towards the door

"Mikan, you in there?" Hiyoko's voice made me jump out of my bed and run towards the door. I quickly opened it and gave Hiyoko a big smile. "Come in I have a gift for you." I eagerly said. She came in and sat on my bed. "Now close your eyes and open them when I tell you to." I demanded. "Hehehe whatever you say boss." She jokingly said as her eyes shut. I snickered at her while walking over to the closet where the two kimonos were. I opened the closet door and pulled them out. I walked in front of where Hiyoko was sitting and held them in front of her face. "Okay, you can open your eyes now." I said. "Is that a comment or an order boss?" She said in a snarky voice. "Just open your eyes ya big goof." I shot back while rolling my eyes. She opened her eyes and they immediately lit up at the sight in front of them. She didn't say a word though. She just sat there. "Well, do you 'em?" I asked concerned that she didn't like them. "Mikan, the're gorgeous." "Thank you so much." She got up really fast and hugged me. I hugged back. I didn't want her to let go. Holding her made me so happy and carefree. I didn't want it to end. But I knew I had to let go eventually. So I pulled away and sat on my bed. "Mikan, there's something I wanted to ask you." Hiyoko said while sitting next to me. "What is it?" I replied. "Do you.... wanna go to the carnival with me today?" She said while sounding a little nervous. Almost as if she was asking me out on a date. Should I ask her if it's a date or not? Just to make sure. "Like a... date?" "Stupid Mikan!" "Why would you say that?!" "Now she'll think you have feelings for her!" "YOU ALREADY HAVE FEELINGS FOR HER YOU IDIO-" I was so caught up in my thoughts that I didn't notice Hiyoko was blushing madly. Gosh was it one of the funniest things I've seen. She looked as red as a tomatoe. It was so hilarious to me that I struggled to hold back my laughter. "W-Well, not really." "I just wanted to go with you as a friend." "I'm sorry if you wanted it to be a date!" "I just didn't know you felt that way!" My held in laughter became even more difficult to hold in when I saw that she was getting overly flustered. "BHAHAHA YOU'RE- YOU'RE FACE IS AS RED AS A TOMATOE!" "ITS FINE HIYOKO WE CAN GO AS JUST FRIEND HAHAHA!" I said. I didn't want her to figure out my feelings just yet. So I hid behind the laughter I was already holding in. "Oh.... well that's relief." "Not about the date thing!" "Its a relief that you're not mad at me, is what I mean." She replied. "I know what you mean silly." "Now let me go get dressed so we can go."

*time skip

We were at the carnival. We got on almost every ride. Now we're on the ferris wheel. I was enjoying every minute with Hiyoko. We could be doing anything and my heart would be doing backflips in my chest. And when we touch, I feel like I'm gonna explode in pure joy. I love the way she hugs. She does it so delicately because she knows I don't like to be touched much. The way she holds my hand when we laugh together makes my heart skip two beats. Her orange eyes make me go into a lovely trance that I never want to leave. Her hair makes me want to stroke it all day long. Her lips.... oh god her lips. I just want to smash them with mine every time I look at them. Everything about her mesmerized me. Because I never knew somebody as breath taking as her could exist. I just love her. "Mikan, there's something else I need to ask you."