Chapter Twenty

Mikan's Pov:

*three months later

It was the week before winter break. I really didn't want to go back home. My mom hates me. She says I'm a disappointment and that she wishes I was never born. My dad is disgustingly fond of me. He says I'm beautiful, but that's because he only uses me for my body. And everytime he tells me not to say a word to my mother. That's why I don't want to go back home. It was terrible there. "Ms. Tsumiki, is everything alright?" Asked Ms. Usami. She must've noticed the upset look on my face. "Oh." "I'll be ok Miss." I replied. She then walked pass me and down the hallway. I looked at the clock in the wall. It was 1:55pm. I was so concentrated on my work I didn't know I was still in World History class. I quickly got up and went to writing class. While I was walking I felt a body bump into me. We both fell on the floor. I leaned up to see who it was. There, lying on the floor right under me, was Hiyoko. And I was sitting in her lap. We both stared at each. Blushing crazily. I hated when I tripped over people. So I was extremely embarrassed. But then, a similar feeling came back. The feeling I got when I first met her. It was that fuzzy, warm, good feeling. Like love. 'N-No!' 'I won't let her control me again!' 'I didn't come to this school to fall in love!' 'I came here to have a bright future!' 'That's what I need to focus on.' 'She's bad for me anyway.' I said to myself. I stopped blushing and gave her a serious face. "Watch where your going next time Hiyoko." I retorted while getting up. I said in a rather rude voice. But I didn't care. She deserved it. "S-Sorry." She said looking down at the ground still on the floor. I just shook my head and walked away. 'That was awkward.' I said to myself. I didn't have time to deal with her. I didn't want to have time either. Right now all I was focused on is how I'm going to deal with my parents for the two weeks I was off.

*time skip

I was in my room now. I got a paper from the principal and he said it was a letter from my parents. I opened the envelope the letter was in. I pulled the piece of paper out and it said:

Dear Tsumiki,

Your father is moving to a new house now. So the old one belongs to me. I Will be informing everyone that you will be living with me from now on. Don't think of this as me being nice or anything. Your just something I have to put up with. You mean nothing to me. Anyways, most of your clothes and everything else is still here at the house. So you don't need to pack anything. I'll see you on Saturday morning.

From, Mother

I was happy my dad was gone. But I was still a little bit upset that I had to deal with my mom for two whole weeks. I threw the letter out and changed out of my school clothes and into my robe. I didn't feel like putting pajamas on since I was really tired. We didn't have any homework this week since it was the week before winter break. All we were doing this week were activities. For some strange reason, I kept thinking about that awkward moment with Hiyoko. Did it mean something? Was it ment to happen? Is there still something between us that I can't see? Do I love her? Does she love me? All these questions made my head hurt. I went into my drawer and picked up my diary I opened it and started to write.

December 12, 2008

I didn't want to think about Hiyoko right now, but there were so many unanswered questions between us that I didn't want to ignore. It's weird. My feelings faded for her a while back. But when I fell on top of her in the hallway made the feelings came back all of the sudden. I did consider giving her a second chance at being my friend. But I always ended up brushing off the thought telling myself that she would never change. She constantly tried talking to me a while ago. But I always just ignored her. Then one day, she stopped. I thought her feelings, if she had any, stopped as well, and that was the end of it. But that moment in the hallway made all the feelings resurface. I know I'm not wrong about the feelings because there the exact same as they were when I first met her. A warm, fuzzy, good feeling. I don't know if I should give Hiyoko another chance. And I honestly don't care. I'll probably figure all of this stuff out after winter break. Anyways, it was nice talking to you. See you later diary :)

From, Tsumiki

I put my diary back into my drawer and laid down on my bed. I felt better. Writing in my diary always makes me feel better. I shut my eyes and drifted off to sleep.