Chapter Twenty Five

Hiyoko's Pov:

I was in my taxi making sure I had both my kimonos. "Are you ready Ms. Saionji?" My taxi driver asked. Once I saw that they were both in my bag, I zipped it shut. "Yeah." I said. She then started to drive away from the school and down the road. I was really tired. My taxi driver said that it would take us nine hours to get to my house. I had plenty of time to get some rest. So I laid down and fell asleep.

*time skip

"Ms. Saionji, were here." I jumped up and rubbed my eyes. "What'd you say?" I asked not hearing her the first time. "I said were hear." She replied. I looked outside the car window and immediately saw my house

 I looked outside the car window and immediately saw my house

*the house

"Thank you for the ride." "Do you want a tip or anything?" I asked. "No no it's fine." "Just happy to help." She said. "Ok." "Well, bye." "And have a nice day." I said while getting out of the car. She gave me a smile through the window and drove off. I walked up to the house door and knocked three times. Someone opened the door and I saw that it was my grandmother. "Come inside." She said sternly. I walked inside and looked around. For some reason I expected the house to change a bit. But it didn't.

*the inside of the house

"Go to your room and come back downstairs for breakfast." "Once your done breakfast you'll need to start practicing your dance." "Practice for about three hours." "Understand?" She said. "Yes grandma." I replied. I then walked up to the second floor and walked inside my room.

*her room

*her room

I changed out of my clothes and into my pajamas. I flopped onto my bed and staired at the ceiling. I didn't know if my mother was home. Honestly, I didn't want her to be. I knew she would judge me as soon as she saw me. I got back up and headed downstairs to eat breakfast. I sat down at the table and waited for my grandmother to finish the food. "Grandma is mom home?" I asked her. "Yes." "She's in her room." She replied. She then came out with a plate that had bacon, eggs, and French toast. She gave me the plate and I took it. I got up and grabbed a fork from the kitchen. "So Hiyoko, do you know how to tie your kimono?" I knew she would ask that sooner or later. "Uhh....no." "I need you to teach me again." I said nervously. "Hiyoko, I can't keep on doing that for you." "You need to do it yourself." "Pay attention the next time I show you." She said sounding disappointed. "Y-Yes grandma." I replied. I felt bad. My grandmother does so much for me. And I couldn't even tie a stupid kimono right. 'I'm so pathetic.' I said to myself. I sat back down and started to eat my breakfast. I then heard footsteps coming down the stairs towards the kitchen. I didn't turn to see who it was because I knew it was my mother. And I hated looking at my mother. "Why hello there Hiyoko." "You don't look much different." My mother said sarcastically. "H-Hi mom." I said. "So, did the useless girl learn how to tie her kimono yet?" My mother said to my grandmother. "Don't call her useless!" My grandmother shouted. But my mother didn't care. She would always continue to insult me. "Hiyoko, I hope you didn't make any friends at school." "I can't see you with friends anyway." "I mean after all, your just a pathetic child." She said with a cruel smile. I felt a bad feeling in my stomach as soon as she said those words. My mother's insults always upset me. "Enough!" My grandmother yelled at my mother. "I'm going back to my room." "Nobody bother me." My mom said as she walked up the stairs. I heard her door close and was finally happy she was out of sight. "Don't listen to your mother." "You keep training so you can win." "Got it?" I knew my grandmother was right. I needed to keep training no matter what my mother or anyone said. "Yes grandma." "I definitely will."