Chapter Twenty Two

Hiyoko's Pov:

It was Thursday now. Most of my clothes were already at the house. So I didn't need to pack that much stuff. I all needed were my kimonos to take with me. Now I was cleaning my room so I didn't have to when i came back in two weeks. I heard a knock at my door. I opened it and it was principal Kirigiri. "Hello Miss Saionji." "I just wanted to give you this letter that was from your grandmother." He said while handing me the piece of paper. "Thank you Mr. Kirigiri." I said politely. "Your welcome." He said with smile. He then walked down the hallway as I shut the door. I opened the envelope and pulled out the letter. It said:

Dear Hiyoko,

On May 10th you will be performing in an ultimate professional dance contest. The people there are really skilled. Possibly more skilled than you. So as soon as you come home you'll need to start practicing the dance I've taught you ever since you were in middle school. This should be easy for you if you know it by heart. And if you don't. Prepare for Six months worth of practicing. Of course you'll still need to practice whether you know it by heart or not. Anyways, prepare to start training on Saturday. I'll be waiting for you.

From, Grandma

It was going to be easy for me. I knew exactly what dance she was talking about. And I knew it by heart. Although, I was nervous about the type of people and dances I would see. Grandma said that there were going to professionals there. Sure, people considered me to be a professional dancer even though I was only 14 years old. But still.... I know there will be better people and dances anyway. So I just need to give it my all. And win.

*time skip

I finally finished cleaning my room. I was glad classes ended early today. That ment I could finally do what I've wanted to do all day. Buy Tsumiki a Christmas present. And I knew exactly what I was going to get her. Before December came, I read Tsumiki's diary a second time. And it gave me lots of information about what she liked. I felt bad about reading it now. But back then I didn't. And to be honest, I'm kinda glad I did. Because then I wouldn't know what to do to show Tsumiki that I care for her. I always show my affection through gifts. And I figured I'd do this to show her how sorry I was. It was the least I could do anyway. I put an orange sweater on with some yellow Jean's. I put a white fur coat on and some white gloves to keep my hands warm. I also put on my white ear muffs so my ears wouldn't get cold. I put on my orange sneakers to match my sweater. I grabbed my mother's credit card she gave from my drawer and left my room. I walked down the hallway and went all the way to the first floor. I left the school and headed towards "The Everything Store." It really did have everything you could imagine. It even had three floors. The first floor was for toys, tools, and medical supplies. The second floor was for clothes. And the third floor was for accessories. That's why I always loved going to that store. When I reached the store I immediately went to the second floor. I was looking for something specific. So I had to go all the way to the back. Then, I found it. It was exactly how I imagined it too. The purple polka dot dress Tsumiki wanted ever since she was a kid. She wanted this dress because she knew it would make her feel like the happiest girl in the world. And I wanted to be the one to do that for her.

 And I wanted to be the one to do that for her

*the dress

I grabbed the dress and folded it in my hands. I put it under my arm and then went to the third floor. Again, I was looking for something specific. So I went all the way to the back. Soon, I found exactly what I was looking for. It was the pink bandage wrap Tsumiki used to use whenever she got scar. She said pink bandage wrap was always so special to her. That it made her feel better. So I obviously wanted to get it.

 So I obviously wanted to get it

*the bandage wrap

I grabbed the bandage wrap and left the third floor. I went up to the counter and paid for the presents. I left the store and quickly went back to the school. When I got in the school I went up to my room. I already bought wrapping paper and a card board box before hand. So all I needed to do was put both the dress and the bandage wrap in the box and put the Christmas wrapping paper on. But I was going to do all that tomorrow. It was 4:30pm now. 'I wonder what Tsumiki's doing?' I asked myself.