Chapter Thirty Eight

Hiyoko's pov:

A few minutes after Mikan fell asleep, I  started to feel sleepy. I was pretty tired after studying for finals yesterday. I barely got any rest. Even though I've been studying through the weeks, I was just so worried about failing. I knew it wasn't the brightest idea, but the worry got the best of me.

***

I woke up In my room. I was really confused. 'How'd I get home so fast?' 'Who took me to my room?' I looked around quickly to see if anyone else was in the room. No one was. "Mom?" I called out. No reply. "Grandma?" Still no reply. "No silly, it's me." I heard. The voice was coming from my bathroom. And it sounded just like Mikan. "M-Mikan?" I asked confused once again.  The bathroom door then opened and Mikan walked out with a bright pink kimono, white leggings, and pink slippers. "Who did you think it was haha?" I was stunned. Sho looked absolutely beyond gorgeous. I still can't believe how a beautiful woman like her is walking apon this earth. Gosh the things you do to me Tsumiki. "What is it?" She asked seeing my shocked expression. "You look beyond gorgeous." I said. "Awe your the sweetest Hiyoko~" she cooed. That made me blush madly. She walked towards me and sat on my bed. We were face to face. "There's something I've been meaning to tell you." She said breaking the silence. "What is it?" I asked. "I-"

"Hiyoko wake up." I immediately woke up out of my vivid dream. "H-How are we here already?" I said in a groggy voice. "You were asleep for a few hours." "C'mon let's go." She said while opening the taxi car door. I opened my side door I got out of the taxi. "Thank you sir." "Have a nice day." I then paid him twenty dollars. He drove off and soon we couldn't see the car anymore. "Looks like it's time for you to finally meet my family." "Well, half of my family." I could tell she was nervous. I was too. "Listen, it's gonna be okay." "After this week, you won't ever have to come here again." "Because you'll be staying with me and my father after your trial." I said. "Oh... well that's a relief." She replied. We then both walked up to the front door and knocked in unison. The door opened to reveal my grandmother. "Hiyoko." My grandmother said greeting me. "Hi grandma." "T-This is my friend Mikan Tsumiki." She looked Mikan up and down. "Tch." "Come inside Tsumiki and Hiyoko will show you wear you'll be staying." I knew what that scoff ment. She didn't like her. That was to be expected though. My grandmother didn't like anyone I introduced to her. That's why she told me to stop making friends when I was ten years old. We both walked in and walked up the stairs with our suitcases in hand. "So I take it your grandmother doesn't like me?" Mikan said. "Y-Yeah." "She never likes anyone I make friends with." "She says it's better if I'm just on my own." "She says it'll save me from heartbreak and disappointment." "But then she changed her mind apparently." I replied. Geez. I didn't mean to tell her all that. But it just sorta came out. "Oh..." Is all she could say. "Sorry!" "I didn't mean to dump all of that on you." I blurted out. "D-Don't worry it's fine." She replied. We reached my room and I opened my door. "Anyways, this is where your going to stay for this week." She walked inside slowly with an amazed look on her face. "Wow." "You room is amazing." She said having amazement in her voice. "Haha never seen anything like this before?" I asked. "No.... never." She said having that same amazed look. It was adorable. "Well I'll let you get settled in here." "Call me if you need anything." I said as I walked out of the room.