Chapter Twenty Eight

Mikan's Pov:

Hiyoko was standing right in front of me. She looked like she'd just seen a ghost. But I was surprised to see her too. I didn't think she lived anywhere near me. "W-Why are you hear Hiyoko!?" I said. "I-I came here because there's been this lady talking badly about our family and spreading rumors throughout the neighborhood about us." "And she lives here." She said. I was confused now. The only person who lived here was my mom. 'Why would my mom talk bad about the Saionji's?' "Are you sure you have the right house?" I said. "No this is the right house." "My grandmother said so." She replied. "Hiyoko... that lady that's been speaking and spreading rumors about your family.... is my mother." I said in a low voice. Her eyes widened. I didn't blame her. Who would've thought someone as kind-hearted as me be would be related to a cold women who I regret to call my mother. "Y-You're related to that woman?!" She asked surprisingly. "Yes." "I am." She calmed down after a few moments. But she still looked a little surprised. "Why would my mother talk badly about your family?" I asked curiously. "I dunno." "My grandma said that she's probably jealous of how wealthy we are." I wasn't surprised. That definetly sounds like something by mother would be angry about. "Well, she doesn't live here anymore." "So you don't have to worry about rumors or anything." I said. "Okay." I guess I'll see you 'round." She said. She walked off my porch and walked down the sidewalk. I watched her walk away. As I did, that same feeling came back. The feeling that felt like I was in love again.