Can You Feel My Heart

A.N.
⚠️BEFORE ANYONE GETS EXCITED MY UPDATES ARENT GOING TO BE AS FREQUENT AS BEFORE
My grandfather recently died and that's why I was on hiatus and while I'm back I'm just not ready to update every story that I have once a week
I will be updating every once in a while though so I hope u can all bare with me⚠️

When Bonnie woke up the next morning she immediately zeroed in on the two pairs of arms that wrapped around her. Opening her eyes, she was assaulted by blonde hair, Caroline was at her side. Without turning she could assume it was Elena behind her.

While, normally she would've relished in the fact that they had come for her, now she simply felt suffocated. Their limbs felt like they were restraining the witch to the bed and all she wanted was to escape. Frowning, she detangled herself from them, and went into the bathroom.

Looking in the mirror Bonnie almost found it odd what she saw. There were no differences. She didn't look like someone who had just lost the man they loved. Granted her eyes were bloodshot, her skin was beginning to dull and she felt her heart shatter every time she thought of him.

Yet for the most part she looked the same. She looked like the girl who skipped out on college and took the random job at a bar. Like she still had so much life to live.

She sure as hell didn't feel like she did. Even if she felt like it, did she want it? Since turning 16 all she's been worried about has been surviving. Keeping the people she loved alive and look where that got her. Her Grams was dead. Her father was dead. Her mother left her again. She'd died multiple times, and now that she'd finally had some peace and happiness, Jack was gone.

"Bonnie" the small witch heard Elena call. The doppelgänger knocked on the door lightly as Bonnie splashed her face.

"Yea?" She called out, opening the door as she walked out. Her eyebrow raised when she saw Elena standing before her with her arms crossed.

"Bonnie, please tell me that burning building wasn't you" Elena asked making Bonnie shrug. Walking passed her she went into the closet and grabbed some clothes to get through the day.

"It wasn't just a building, it was a building owned by Thaddeus Martin, and I got what I needed" Bonnie muttered as she looked from inside the closet to Elena. The taller brunette frowned as she looked at her.

"You don't even feel bad about it?" Elena asked, her voice mixed with confusion and shock. This didn't sound like Bonnie. Bonnie was always the one who cared about people. Who cared about who lived or died.

"No, they would have killed us given the chance, me and Klaus beat them to it" she said finally finding something to wear. Elena's eyes widened as she looked at Bonnie. Taking in her words.

"Do you realize who you sound like right now?" Elena asked making Bonnie turn to her. Tired of the judgement coming from the other brunette. "I couldn't believe you were working with Klaus but now you're even acting like him? This isn't you Bonnie, you're turning into-"

"What, Elena? A monster? Like Klaus? Or maybe like Damon, let's not forget he killed a bunch of people, I may love him now but I never forgot what he did, not to our town, or me, or Caroline! Did you forget what he did to her or do you just not care? Or maybe I'm acting like you? When you switched your humanity off, do you remember that? You remember feeding and killing people because Jeremy or Damon died" Bonnie said throwing her clothes in the bathroom sink. Walking towards Elena, Bonnie noticed Caroline waking, but continued until she was directly in front of the doppelgänger.

"Don't you dare try and judge me for killing the people who killed Jack, not when you killed people who were truly innocent, you don't get to do that, you don't get to call me a monster" Bonnie said strongly before walking away, closing the door to the bathroom behind her.