Noise

Niklaus Mikaelsons wasn't a believer of many things. He'd seen kings die. Kingdoms fall. Gods of old, once revered, forgotten and made myth. He'd lived so long that he knew without a doubt nothing lasts forever. One day even he would die.

Yet he knew, without a doubt, that Bonnie Bennett's lips would forever be the sweetest he'd ever tasted. His hands moved of their own accord, one in her hair, and the other gripping her hip. He pulled the small witch as close to him as he could.

"I just got a call from Jack's mom, she wants to meet tomorrow, I just- I want a distraction" she said softly as she looked at him.

The small witch's words rang through his head loudly, causing him to groan, and pull himself away. The soft whimper that left her lips nearly made him go back. Yet he knew he couldn't. She wouldn't forgive him. Not when she was back in her right mind. No longer clouded by grief.

"We can't" he whispered softly. Bonnie's eyes widened as she looked up at him, stepping away, hurt coloring her features. Klaus didn't let her get far. "No, not like- not because I don't want to Bonnie" he said bringing the small witch back into his arms.

"Then why not?" Bonnie asked with a frown. She couldn't believe it. She'd gone to one of the most sexed up men in history and he was rejecting her? She wished the floor would swallow her whole.

"Because when this happens, and I swear, by all the gods old and new that it will happen, I want it to be because you want me, because of your genuine desire for me" he said bringing her closer. Bonnie froze for a moment as she digested his words. Bonnie closed her eyes as she let his whispered words wash over her. The sound of his voice causing a shiver to go up her spine.

"I want you to be absolutely dripping with desire for me, not because you need a simple distraction, but because you need me" he stressed. Bonnie took a calming breath as he laid his forehead against hers. "I want to be a good man Bonnie, for Hope, and for you" he said shocking her.

"What?" She asked making him nod.

"Part of that means not taking advantage of your fragile state, you must heal, and when you are ready I will be here, because I want you" he stressed making the small witch shiver. She had no idea what to do anymore. No idea what to say. "Our relationship is fragile as is Little Witch, I refuse to lose you over a moment of passion, not when I am absolutely certain that we are destined for more" he said softly.

As Bonnie thought about it she could understand where he was coming from. She absolutely hated that she agreed with him. In the state she is in right now, she could wake up in the morning and attempt to set him on fire, or worse. They didn't need anymore fighting. Not when he was the main one keeping her standing. With that in mind, Bonnie took a breath, and nodded.

"Okay" she said softly, taking a breath. Klaus nodded as he looked at her, a soft smile on his face. "I should go" Bonnie said, pointing to the door, and effectively wiping the smile from his face.

The small witch wasn't able to take a step before he stopped her. Grabbing her arm, he brought her back to him, crashing into his chest. He couldn't help but chuckle softly at the look of shock on her face.

"I never said I wouldn't distract you love" he said, chuckling when she gave him a look of utter confusion. Gently, he guided her out onto the balcony, pointing to musicians. "Do you hear them?" He asked her. Tilting her head Bonnie nodded. They were nearly directly below the balcony. The woman's voice and sounds from her partner's guitar floated up easily.