Chapter 22

Louis didn't close an eye during the night and Harry knew that would happen so he stayed awake as long as possible together with the feathery haired boy. He hugged him tightly, made out from time to time and of course things went a bit further as well. Louis never wakes up early, only on Christmas and apparently today is an exception as well.

"Stop biting your nails, babe. It's not good for you." Harry says to his fiancé while driving to the address he found. His hand is resting on Louis' thigh and gives it a small squeeze from time to time, assuring the boy that he is right next to him.

"Do you think she will accept me?" Louis asks nervously. "She doesn't know I like boys. Do you think she will hate me for it?"

"I don't know, Lou. But I remember all the stories you told me about her and you together and it really sounds like the two of you have an unbreakable bond. I doubt she will judge you for it." Harry honestly answers.

"She has been my best friends since the day she is born. I helped my mom raise her, tutored her, taught her how to swim. She was my first little sister. I love her so much. I can't have it that she will hate me. She was only a kid the last time I saw her, Haz. She was barely 10."

Harry puts the car at the side of the road, takes of Louis' safety belt and puts him on his lap, removing a stray of hair out of his face.

"If you don't want this, baby we can turn back. I'm not forcing you to do this. I just think it will help you when you can talk to her." Harry's voice is soft and his hand is stroking Louis' back.

"I want this. I really want this. I'm just scared. Maybe she doesn't even remember me anymore..." Louis is finding every single horrible scenario and plays it in his head.

"Baby, I'm sure she will remember you. You are her brother. If we are there, do you want me to come with you to support you and hold your hand or would you prefer that I wait in the car and go in all by yourself?"

"That's not even a question, Hazza. I want you to come with me, I need you to come with me. I'm terrified. You're my rock and... I need Lottie to meet you immediately. You are a part of me." Louis leans in and presses his lips on Harry. It's an innocent, closed mouth kiss but it's perfect.

Louis slowly removes himself from Harry's lap and moves over to the passenger seat again, putting n his safety belt. He is ready.

It's only five more minutes driving and the couple arrives at the front door. Louis is still in the car and he just watches the house from a distance. His hands are starting to shake and he feels nauseous.

"I'm scared." He whispers.

"I know baby. We are going in from the moment you feel comfortable. Again, I am not forcing you." Harry is holding his hand and his thumb is rubbing over Louis' palm. He is trying to calm his fiancé down.

"Let's go?" Louis' voice is uncertain but it is a big step for the boy. Harry smiles and nods and steps out of the car himself before helping his boyfriend out.

They are walking slowly towards the house and Louis' hand is squeezing Harry's. Harry doesn't mind. Louis can literally squeeze his hand of and he would be fine.

"Can you ring the bell for me, please Hazza?" Louis asks, voice shaking.

"You should do it, Lou." Harry gives the boy an apologetic look.

"But I don't want to. I'm afraid." He confesses.

"Want to do it together?" Louis looks confused at the curly lad but understands what he wants to do when he intertwines their fingers and leads them to the doorbell. A few seconds later Louis hears a 'ting' sound. There is no way back now. He is here, standing in front of his sister door.

It only takes a few seconds before an older man with glasses opens the door. Louis recognises him immediately. The biggest part of his childhood is spent with him and the man was the closest to being a father figure for Louis than any other men.

The man is looking shocked, eyes wide and jaw on the floor.

"Louis?" His voice is barely a whisper.

"Hey Mark." Louis takes Harry's hand again in his and squeezes it. He is so afraid right now.

The man's eyes are starting to tear. He notices the intertwined fingers of the boys but decides to ignore it. He pulls the boy he mostly raised into a tight hug.

"Oh my god, Louis! I thought I would never see you again. Your father told us that you just disappeared ." Mark's sobs are uncontrolled and Louis' heart freezes when the man talks about his father.

"You spoke to my father?" He whispers, still hugging the man tightly but not letting go of Harry's hand.

"Of course I did, Louis. I love you, Lottie loves you. We've been waiting for this moment for so long. I can't wait to tell Lottie! She will be so happy! I am so happy!" The older man pulls Louis in a bone crushing hug again while crying.

Harry slowly lets go of Louis' hand so he can hug Mark back with the same amount of force. Louis gets the hint and gives Harry a small smile. After the hug Mark looks at the famous singer standing next to the boy that used to be his stepson.

"I'm so sorry I have neglected you. I do know who you are. I'm Mark." The man politely stretches his arm while he wipes away some tears with the other.

"Nice to meet you, Mark." Harry smiles.

"Now please come in, boys." The man opens the door and goes in after the couple. He leads them to the living room, giving them both a cup of tea.

"Where is Lottie?" Louis asks. He already looked around the living room that's filled with pictures of his younger sister. There is this wall full with pictures of her where you can see her growing up every single year. It makes Louis emotional. He has missed seeing Lottie growing up. He has missed her teenage years and he knows those are the difficult ones.

"I texted her that she has to come home now. She is with her boyfriend." Mark explains.

"Boyfriend. Is he good to her? How old is he? Is he treating her right?" Immediately Louis gets in protective brother mode and Harry can't hide the smile on his face. The three talk a bit until they hear a door slam shut.

"Dad, I'm home! Why the fuck did I have to leave Matt's place! You promised I could stay till 10!" The teenage girl's voice is annoyed and it makes Louis chuckle. He was exactly the same when his mom told him to come home from Hannah's place.

"We have visitors. Please join us on the couch." Mark says to the girl in front of him. Louis hasn't dared to turn around yet and he only looks up when he hears a loud gasp right in front of him.

"Louis?"