BACK TO THE PAST

Past: 2005

"Momma, let's play hide and seek!" 10 years old Jimin suggested and was jumping up on her mother bed, asking her to play together. It has always been his mother and only him in the house. If his mother was not around, the maid will come and play with him. His father will only come home at late evening and what makes him happy the most is that his father will always bring home surprises. Fried chicken for him, maybe some roses for his mother, cakes, donuts and more. His mother sometimes would be jokingly mad at his father for always bringing sweet stuff for him, but they ended up well. Maybe that is why he is very active all day long due to the sugar rush in him. However, a 10 years old boy like him did not know what is his father's job, which the tragedy today confused him a lot.

Mrs.Park who was applying some lip balm on her make up table smiled sweetly to his son, who is asking her to play hide and seek. He was the only child, so she sees why not since she also takes a day off from work, wanting to spent some time for herself too. Jimin also in his school holiday.

"Shall we?" Mrs.Park said while holding both of Jimin's shoulder. Jimin nodded happily with a big smile drawn on his face.

"Momma, you count and I'll hide. Okay?" Jimin asked. Since his mother replied with a nod, he jumped off from the bed and began finding suitable place to hide while her mother began counting from 1 to 10. He went to the living room and hid behind a long curtain. Because the curtain is so long that it touched the floor, he was able to hide his feet from being seen. There, he waits for his mother to caught him.

"Where is my precious boy, Jimin-ah? Momma is coming." His mother appeared in the living room, trying to joke around. Jimin who was peeking slightly quickly hide himself back and tried to hold his laughter.

"Darling! Yoonji-yah!" Mr.Park suddenly barged into the living room through the main door, literally pushing the door hard with all his might, making it bumped against the wall which startled Jimin as well.

"What's wrong, darling? What's the rush? You look so panic! Don't make me worry!" Mrs.Park said, holding her husband face, trying to calm her down.

"He went crazy, Yoonji-yah. He would kill us all! He had threatened me with you guys's lifes. I can't bear it anymore. He's mad!" Mr.Park said in panic.

"Darling, couldn't we just give him what he wants? I will be fine living poor, as long as I have you and Jimin by my side. I'll be living the happiest of my life when I woke up in the morning to see you both. So, please, can't we just-..." Mrs.Park was about to persuade her husband to take the easy way but Mr.Park was moving his head side to side, disagree.

"No, never Yoonji-yah. I've worked this far to earn all of what I have today. I will not just simply give it to him all. He had tricked me! I will never sign that stupid property transfer documents thingy." Mr.Park said, almost throwing his rage to his wife.

"B-But we both know. He is in need of money. Can't we just help him?" Mrs.Park said, trying to persuade again.

"Yoonji-yah, what do you think of-...UURRGGHH!!" a terrifying slow noise suddenly filled their ears, it was a gunshot. It seems like the gun had fully equipped with a suppressor to hide to loud sound of a gunshot.

"Momma- "Jimin who saw his father being shot was so afraid and want to go to his mother but he saw another figure coming into their house through the main door. This time, the guy is pointing the gun to his mother. Jimin saw her mother did a sign of stopping him from coming out from his hiding place, so Jimin just did so. It also looks like his mother wants him to stay silent. So Jimin cover his mouth with his hand, trying hard to hide his sobbing. It was a very terrifying situation for a 10 years old boy has to witness.