{Chapter 9}

The Ice Queen

The whole ride back home neither of us dared to talk; the silence was very unnerving, but it was also a bit awkward. I turned my head looking at the outside scenery, watching the tree's pass by at a dramatic pace.

When we did pull into my drive way I was more than grateful when I climbed out, when I was just about to hoist myself out of the car however I noticed that Cameron was already standing in front of me, I frowned. "How'd you get out the car so quickly?" I asked earning a shrug from him. "You're the one taking forever to get out of the car." "You try wearing heels." I accidently snapped at him, I sighed in exasperation. "Sorry, I didn't mean to say it like that, and I'm sorry if you regretted that...." I trailed off blushing yet again. "What makes you think I regret it Jane?" Cameron asked, we both stopped outside of my front door, out of the corner of my eye I watched as he turned round to face me, he looked a bit hurt. "Don't you? Isn't that why you've been so quiet?" He seemed to think for a second. "I don't regret it Jane, on the contrary I actually quit enjoyed it." A smile vaguely played onto his lips as I looked up at him. "Well.... Good night Cameron." I turned, taking the key out of my pocket I started to unlock the door, all the while his intense gaze was fixated on me. "One more thing Jane." He growled out, taking a step forward so his front was to my back, I gasped as he effortlessly spun me around so yet again I was facing him. Then lowering himself, he kissed me yet again, in such a way it made my knee's as weak as Jelly. He wasn't forceful at all, nor was he soft, we both just stood there in our own little world until he pulled away, leaving me craving for more. As if he could tell he grinned a lopsided, adorable smile. "Goodnight Jane."

I tossed and turned in my bed, thinking about Cameron when I knew that I should have been asleep a long time ago. I huffed to myself, how was I suppose to start work tomorrow.... Today. I hugged the duvet closer to myself, it was so cold. I'd have to check the heating in the morning to see if it was working properly. Making a mental note of this, I turned around once more in my bed so I was facing the wall, and forced my eyes closed.

I awoke the next morning with a start, I looked down at my hands when I noticed that they wouldn't stop shaking, and I bit my lip, unsure of what to do. 'Have a shower and go to work or stay in bed?' My conscious battled with its self, but in the end I got up, secretly eager to see Cameron.

Cameron's P.V.O

Double checking myself in the mirror I smiled, pleased with my new cloths. Normally I wouldn't bother to try and make myself look presentable, but Jane was starting today, which again made me smile. These past few days I'd changed, and that was just from being around her. I thought back to earlier this morning, how she easily made me drop my barriers with just one simple, sweet smile. She was so trusting last night; I could have just marked her.... 'But that's wrong' my conscious scolded me, which was true, but I needed to mark her, and soon.

Jane's P.V.O

I sat at the desk, blinking at the computer. I had no idea how to use it and yet Valarie.... or whatever her name was had left me alone to man the desk? I tried to suppress a sigh of exasperation, how was I suppose to do my job if no one would properly show me how too? I stared at the monitor until lunch time; happily I took my lunchbox out of my bag, already starving.

"So what's for lunch?" Cameron asked, Making me squealed in surprise. "When did you get there?" "You didn't answer my question." He stated, his simple, boyish smile playing upon his lips. "Cheese and pickle." I muttered, taking one of them out of the box I hungrily took a bite out of it. "It that all you have?" Cameron snapped, I blinked at his sudden mood change. "Not that's it's any of your business, but yeah it is." I muttered, I was lucky that I got a sandwich at all; sometimes we wouldn't have money for days, meaning that I couldn't have anything for days. "Grab your coat." Cameron muttered, breaking me out of my sudden reverie. "But I've just started lunch.... And you have an appointment in twenty minutes." I blinked at him in surprise, but his expression didn't change once, he didn't look hostile, but his jaw was tense and he kept clenching then un-clenching his fists. Reluctantly I grabbed my coat, and discarding my sandwiches I followed him across the room.