{Chapter 2}

(Picture at the top is Cameron.)

First Encounter

     I woke up to what felt like a bright, sunny morning. But opening my windows I pouted, the dark clouds which covered the sky looked extremely threatening; it looked as if it was almost trying to snow. Sighing I quickly got up and started laying out my cloths, a couple of days before I had told the school about my situation, and asked for Friday off so I could go to the interview, which they'd reluctantly agreed to. I glared in disgust at the clothes that Holly had picked out for me; personally my theme had always been black baggy clothes, apart from my black skinny jeans. I absolutely hated skirts or dresses, so just glaring at the skirt Holly had picked out for me made me shiver.

     Putting on the clothes the way that Holly had shown me, I quickly put on my shoes and make-up before almost running out of the door, first stopping to kiss dad on the fore-head though, he was splayed out on the settee passed out; it was only eight so he wouldn't be up for another couple of hours, well that's if he was going to get up at all. I quickly walked down the road, hugging my coat to me as the rain heavily fell, it took a while for the bus to get to the stop, and I had to wait outside getting soaked in the process. It didn't help that I was actually wearing that god dam skirt. 'Note to self.' I mentally thought. 'Kill Holly for making me wear this horrid thing.' Just at that moment my phone rang just as the bus turned the corner, coming into view. Ignoring my phone I waited for the bus to pull up, I paid for my ticket then sat at the back. I didn't expect my phone to ring again but I was surprised when it did.

     "Why didn't you answer it first god dam time?" I heard Holly shout down it, since my phone was a cheap old Nokia, the people a distance of five meters away could hear everything she was saying, they turned their heads to glare at me, it was only then I noticed a little girl who looked about five sitting on their lap. "Holly calm down, what do you want." I whispered trying to turn my back to them I put my hand over the volume area, in a vain attempt to quieten her voice down. "We wanted to wish you luck!" I heard Ruth squeal, I tried to suppress a sigh. "Calm down Ruth." Marcus did actually sigh making me giggle; we always had been kind of alike. Not just out temperament, or personality wise, but also by our fashion sense, we didn't care what we looked like; people in the past have actually thought that we were twins.

     "Thanks guys, but seriously people are starting to stare, I've got to go." "Yeah, yeah." Ruth muttered, I thought I heard someone push her put of the way, which I wouldn't be surprised if that was Holly. "And Jane." I could easily head the amusement in Holly's voice. "Yes Holly?" "You'll ace the interview."

     I stared around the building, it wasn't one of those modern ones that you would see on grand designs, but in fact it looked old, god knows how old, it was made up of plain bricks with statues on the top of the building which in my opinion made it look even grander. I caught my breath just looking at it; you never saw these kinds of buildings anymore.

     "Welcome to the Knight and son law firm, how may I help you?" The blond girl behind the counter asked, fully of fake enthusiasm. "I have a meeting about a sectary position here." "What time is that at?" I heard her type something on her computer, before I could even answer her. "It's at eleven." She finished whatever she was typing then straightened up. "Very well, your meeting is on the tenth floor, you can go up there now and let receptionist know that you're here, Mr. Knight will call you in." "Thanks." I muttered, and then headed to the escalator, nervous already.

     As the doors opened I looked around, noticing almost at once how I didn't fit in, there seemed to be another desk where yet another blond woman sat typing on her computer. Apprehensively I approached her desk. "Miss Levi I presume? She asked without even looking up. "Sit over there and Mr. Knight will be out in a second when his client is finished." She never once looked up from her computer, so turning around I was caught by surprise when a large oak doors where thrown open. "Fine!" A woman screeched. She had to be in her late fifties at least, she wore a faded grey pencil skirt with a plain white blouse; her hair was neatly tied up in a bun. I could feel a shiver run down my body as her angry baby blue eyes skidded around the room. "Screw this place, tell your dad from me that I quit!"