{Chapter 11}

Release Day

Jane's P.V.O

Things were quiet over the next couple of days, Cameron came over a lot which I was pleased about, having him around just soothed how I was feeling. Holly however had been a no show, I received a text from her multiple times a day, but other than that she never visited me, not once. Sighing I looked up at Cameron, who was attempting to open the door while holding a trey of food from the canteen. I was about to get up and help him when a quick look from him told me to sit back down on the bed. "You're being released today Jane, and until then you're on complete bed rest, doctors orders." "But all the tests came back saying that I'm fine!" I whaled, after four days in the hospital I felt as if I was going stir crazy. "This is insane." I muttered under my breath, and as usual Cameron placed the food which he'd bought for me onto my nightstand. "I know, but it's just for a few more hours, don't forget you get out at three." Just as he said that my phone went off on my nightstand. Whipping it up I pressed the connect button, and put it too my ear. "Hey Jane!" Holly's usual bubbly voice squealed down the phone. I bit my lip, not wanting too let out all of my frustrations out at once. "Hi Holly, where have you been?" I curiously asked, trying to control my temper. "Looking for your dad dummy, look there's no sign of him anywhere close by, but I think I might have a few leads." My mouth opened, I wanted to so desperately say something, but nothing came.

       "Do you want me to wait for you to get discharged, or should I go now?" Again I looked at him, for some reason his opinion was the only one which mattered, his eyes bore into mine before he let out a small smile. "Only if the doctors give the all clear." I beamed, which she probably felt over the phone. "I'll see you in a bit then Jane." Before disconnecting the call.

       "Are you ready to go?" Cameron asked, he was standing in front of my bed, his arms folded and his naturally straight black hair was dishevelled more than normal.... Well normal for him at least. His green eyes were boring into mine with such electricity I had no choice but to look away.  "Am I allowed to get out of bed yet?" I joked teasingly, making him roll his eyes at what he called my 'dry sense of humour.' "Come on, we'll take a taxi to mine then go on my bike." He muttered, turning around he opened the door, my bag only slightly bumping against it as he went through. "Cameron!" I hopped out of bed for the first time in days, not that I was complaining though, Cameron had been more than helpful over the short period, he came as soon as visiting hours started to get me my lunch, then he'd fetch my tea as well as any snacks I'd request. All in all, I was lucky that he was sticking by me, if it wasn't for the fact that dad was missing I would still be swooning over the kiss we shared not that long ago.

       "Jane!" She screeched, running up to me, the both of us had left the taxi and Cameron's since if we brought it to mine, not only wouldn't he have any form of transport, but the cost would have also been too much to pay. "Can we go please?" I sighed, exasperated. "Are you sure she's alright to do that Cameron?" Holly asked, eyeing him. "She's fine Holly, there's no need to be so protective." I snorted at the comment. "What? She is though?" "Okay then Cameron." I muttered, a slight smile playing onto my lips.

       Opening the door to my house, it was so cold. Not the temperature but the vibe that came off it. Cold, lonely and empty. "Now then." Holly started sitting down on the couch, Cameron made a motion telling me to sit next to her, which I gladly did, then after a second he joined us, sitting next to myself. "Apparently a male which fits his description was last seen in a bar not so far from here." She looked at Cameron from the corner of the eye. "You know the one I mean, the one just down the road...." She hinted as if he was supposed to catch on. Obviously he was thinking along the same lines, raising one irresistible eye-brow. "Yeah I get it Holly, so what?" "He's been there for the past few nights, so I figure that we just go down there to see if he turns up or not?" I looked away, feeling a small pang of disappointment in my chest, was that seriously it? Was that all she had come up with?