{Chapter 20}

An Eventful Day.

       After Holly had left I sat on the settee, waiting for Cameron to return home from work, I didn't know how long I sat there before I heard his motorbike pull up outside, then his key in the lock. "Jane?" He sounded surprised, but I just sat there still staring at the floor still in my own little world. "Are you okay?" He questioned as I felt the couch dip down. I turned to face him, his handsome features were struck with worry, where as mine were blank. "What happened last night?" I finally found the voice to ask, I thought I heard him sigh. "As far as I know we slept together." "And this morning, what did it mean to you?" Again his face scrunched up in confusion. "It meant a lot Jane, I told you that I really like you." "But we didn't use protection Cameron, I mean, what if I end up pregnant!" He wore a blank expression on his face, I couldn't even read him, he ran a hand through his unruly hair before getting up. "I'm going out for a cigarette." He simply muttered before exiting into the hall, this wasn't something I wanted to push any further, he'd probably be freaking out even more than me so I just sat there before deciding to turn on the television.

I was sitting there watching mindless television, trying to anticipate his return, I was nervous.... No scratch that I was scared, I knew that I couldn't go back to that job, not after what had happened anyway, and then there were the bills on the house which still hadn't been paid yet. "Fuck Jane, are you alright?" I heard Cameron mutter from somewhere, I hadn't realised that I'd sunk so far into the couch that is almost become invisible, so I sat up. "Are you alright, you look a little pale?" He again asked taking a seat next to me, the smell of cigarettes and his cologne was intoxicatingly strong yet soothing at the same time. "I'm fine, just...." I trailed off, we had gotten to know each other quit a lot over the past couple of months, but not to the degree that I would tell him what was running through my mind, nor what my nightmares were about, yet. "You look pale, are you sure you don't want to go to the doctors?" He questioned. "No, I'm just worried I suppose." "Is this about your father?" I couldn't say anything, just the thought of him now chock me up, so instead of replying I nodded. "I'll admit I don't fully know how you feel, but I've been thinking about what you said earlier." "About being pregnant?" He nodded, not once looking away from me. "I don't care if you are, being wth you somehow makes me happy, and if that happiness leads to other things...." He trailed off, only then looking away, I waited as he took in a deep breath, then stood up, offering me his hand he pulled me up with him. I looked at him skeptically, this was a side of him which I'd never really seen before, he looked at a complete loss. "It's a bit soon to say the 'L' word Jane, but these feeling I have for you won't stop, so if you are pregnant, then I'll be there for every step of the way."

My mind way spinning as days passed, and the more I waited the more inpatient I got. I had to, no needed to know if I was indeed pregnant, both of us were starting to warm to the idea, through the weeks I stayed at Cameron's house, too afraid of the memories back at home, he'd also started to be so protective of me, if the slightest thing was too stressful, he would instantly be there to support and to help me. "I do need to go home at some point you know." I giggled trying to get away from him, he had me pinned down, his heavy weight onto top of me made it impossible to move. "Why don't you just move in with me." He repeated yet again, I opened my eyes to see the big bad boy pouting, I stifled a giggle, not wanting to dent his ego. "Because that house has to be ready for when dad gets home." He sighed, then retracted his fingers from my feet, where only moments ago he'd been mercilessly tickling me. "I'll take care of everything, please." I rolled my eyes, he'd been going on about it for the past couple of days now. "I don't know....." He growled, moving in closer so our noses were only millimetres away from each other. "That maybe true, but I won't stop tickling you until you agree."
"Fine!" I shrieked through the gasps, I tried flailing around but it was no good, he had me in a deadlock, and there was no way of escaping him. "Fine what?" He stopped again raising an eyebrow at me. "I'll move in with you!" I gasped out trying to catch my breath. "You really are the dam devil though." I muttered rolling to my right so I wouldn't have to seen his face. "And you're my Angel."