005

MAUVE VIOTTO

Alyssa, Finley and I are currently roaming around the shops in Hogsmede, searching for an appropriate gift to give Malfoy for our way of saying thank you

Alyssa, Finley and I are currently roaming around the shops in Hogsmede, searching for an appropriate gift to give Malfoy for our way of saying thank you. I come across some pretty cool items, but none that I think are fitting enough for the Draco Malfoy. What do you get a boy who could have literally anything?

The Hufflepuff sighs when I shake my head at yet another figurine. "Mauve, you've said no to about 50 of the items I've showed you." She places the figure back on the shelf, causing a thin layer of dust to fall off the wood.

"I know, I know," I grimace, shooting her an apologetic look. "I'm just unsure— what if he doesn't like it? Or if he thinks it's lame?"

"Okay," Alyssa puts her hands on my shoulders, giving me a serious look. "I know you have a crush on this intimidating guy, this very, very, very—"

"Alyssa!" I swat her shoulder jokingly.

"What? I'm just saying!" She laughs. "Anyway, regardless of the fact that he's not the nicest guy out there, he'll probably appreciate the gesture. He doesn't hate you— doesn't even seem near to that. You're acquaintances, practically almost friends!" She argues, giving my body a small shake. "You could pick out anything and he'll still be fine with it." I could tell by her wording that she was refraining from giving me too much hope. She was giving him the benefit of the doubt, but obviously she's still a bit wary of Malfoy.

I pause, pursing my lips as I think. "The dark magic book," I say, reaching out for the book I said no to only mere minutes ago. Alyssa's face breaks into a grin. "I think he'd like this— Theo said he's interested in that type of stuff." I recall Theo telling me about Malfoy one day when we happened to be paired for a Potions project.

"Great! So lets—"

"They have so many muggle stuff at the shop down the street!" Finley exclaims, holding three bags filled to the brim of miscellaneous items as he saunters into the shop we're in.

I shake my head at him, "what did you not buy?" I snort, peeking into the bags. He holds them out at us with pride.

"Haha, so funny," he rolls his eyes. "I'll have you know, there was a sale. If you ask nicely, I'll let you borrow one of my DVDs."

"I'll hold you to that." I laugh. I pay for my item and before we leave, I take a stop at Honeydukes.

"You don't even like candy," Alyssa comments with a questioning look as I take two chocolate frogs and a bag of mixed gummies off the shelf.

"But I do! Is that for me?" Fin teases, leaning down to read the labels of the candy in my hands. He reaches out to grab the gummies in my hand.

I swat his outstretched arm away with a scowl. "I know, but Draco does."