021

MAUVE VIOTTO

Alyssa excitedly pulls me away from the group, talking once we're immediately out of their hearing range

Alyssa excitedly pulls me away from the group, talking once we're immediately out of their hearing range. "You guys have so much fucking tension!" She says lowly, a knowing smirk on her face. "Did something happen after he went to the library?"

I shake my head, blood slowly rushing to my cheeks at her suggestion. "No," I whisper back with the same low tone. "I told you everything that happened already."

"You could cut that tension with a knife," she bumps my shoulder. "I've never seen him so—"

"Why are we whispering?"

Both Alyssa and I jump in fright, letting out our own share of yelps at Theo's unexpected intrusion. "If we're whispering, we clearly don't want you lot to hear." I swat Theo's chest as I wear my joking expression.

He rolls his eyes, "what don't I already know?"

"Oh, hunny," Alyssa laughs. We walk through the streets of Hogsmeade, glancing at the shops we visit almost too frequently. "You just got the tip of the iceberg." I laugh, knowing how true that is. Theo might know who I like, but there's still a lot he doesn't know— a lot of which that only Alyssa and I would know.

Theo pouts and Blaise rolls his eyes. "Oh boo hoo, you only know the one thing Draco and I don't." Blaise huffs mockingly, "how sad."

"Don't hate me just because I know and you don't." Theo turns his nose to the air, flashing his middle finger in front of Blaise's annoyed face. He pushes it away with a huff.

"Man, I love our friend group," Finely teases, earning a grunt from Blaise.

"Shut the fuck up, Einar."

Fin pouts and I stifle my laughter. "I lied, I hate it here," he immediately backtracks, changing his mind.

"We all do," Draco perks up from his spot slightly behind me. I roll my eyes and swat his chest, but Theo replies before I can.

"No you don't, don't lie." He smirks, his eyes dancing in amusement. Draco throws a mean glare at his direction, one that warned him to shut up unless he wanted him to throw a hex or two.

Theo's eyes widen as he takes a few steps back to maximize the distance between him and Draco. "Wait, I was kidding!" He throws his hands up in defence, a sheepish smile on his face to feign innocence. "Spare me please, good sir."

We continue walking down the streets, and I tug Alyssa's sleeve as my eye catches Opalina's Jewels. "Come with me to Opalina's, Lyss?" I question as I begin walking towards the shop. She nods, but the rest of the group follow as well.

"I want to come!" Theo skips over, causing the rest of the boys to come along as well. I shake my head, scolding them to behave as the bell above us jingles to signal our entrance. Opalina is a middle-aged woman with silver hair and lots of charisma. She is a loquacious character, and many of her customers find themselves leaving with bags of jewellery and a fallen ear.