026

MAUVE VIOTTO

Alyssa's house is beautifully decorated

Alyssa's house is beautifully decorated. Of course, her mother didn't go as crazy with mine with the Christmas decor, but she did go shopping with her to get new decor— and shopping with my mother is not a short, nor easy, task. Her parents are currently out with mine, having dinner in a muggle restaurant. Alyssa and her family aren't typically in the wizarding world, mostly because of how strict her dad is with magic.

Alyssa's dad, Wilfred Damaris, is a muggle, much like my own mother. The difference between them is that my mother welcomed my magic with not only open arms, but vivid excitement. Wilfred never wanted to pull Alyssa out of public muggle school, nevermind shipping her off to Hogwarts. I think being around my parents is helping him understand that Alyssa being a witch is nothing bad at all.

But that doesn't mean he's any less protective of her.

"Before we get started," Alyssa starts as I walk into her living room. The fireplace is nicely decorated, a leafy garland wrapped around the white stone, and a matching wreath is hung in the centre of the creme painted wall above it. I raise a brow, dropping my bag off on the couch. The beginnings of my neatly wrapped presents peak out in the slightest. "I know you probably don't want to talk about it, but let me just say, Malfoy is a bloody wanker for considering to date Parkinson when he has you right in front of him."

I give her a small smile, "thanks Lyss. You're the best." I appreciate her not pushing me to give her the intricate details on how I feel about the situation. I wouldn't know how to explain how... conflicted I feel.

"I know," she winks, running to the cupboards and throwing them open. "Now, let's get baking!"

Lyss and I spend the evening baking brownies and other goods for tomorrow, when everyone would be coming over. Alyssa's mom, Estrella, promised she would ensure Wilfred would be out of the house for the night so he couldn't ruin our fun. We do everything the muggle way, apart from the cleaning process. We're both equally too lazy and unmotivated to wash every dish by hand.

With a flick of our wands, we place a warming spell over the goods to make sure they were just as tasty tomorrow.

I collapse into the couch, sighing in content at the wonderful smell of the freshly baked goods. "Oh, I forgot to tell you. You know Harry Potter?" I bring up, earning a scoff from the raven-haired girl.

"I'm not daft, nor do I live under a rock. Of course I know Harry bloody Potter!" A laugh bubbles out of her throat.

I roll my eyes, "well, you did grow up in the muggle world—"

"So did you!" She snorts, throwing a pillow at my face. I'm quick to grab my wand, sending the pillow back in her direction. She immediately groans.

"I hate your smart arse," she huffs, not being used to performing magic in her own home. "Anyway, what about him?"

"He gave me a Christmas present," I tell her. "I haven't opened it yet, but it was quite nice of him. I didn't get him a gift."