022

DRACO MALFOY

I sigh in relief when Theo finally struts into the common room— 20 minutes after he claimed he would

I sigh in relief when Theo finally struts into the common room— 20 minutes after he claimed he would. "What took you so long?" I huff as I slip on my jacket. He only laughs at me, a teasing expression on his face as he replies.

"Miss me too much, sweet cheeks?" He muses, dropping off a bag of what looks like books on the wooden table.

I roll my eyes and shove him as we exit the common room. "Never call me or my cheeks sweet ever again." I deadpan.

"Geez— I wasn't calling your cheeks sweet."

"Good, I don't want you too."

"Well, I know who you would want calling your che—"

"Theo, I swear to Merlin." I glare at him as we enter a carriage.

Theo had been teasing me about Mauve for the past few months that she and I have become closer. At first, it was just a small, in-direct banter. He would tease about shit like how I've become 'soft' around her. His teasing behaviour had only intensified after I told him about when I fell asleep with Mauve in the Ravenclaw common room, and even more so after the events that had occurred in Potions.

All banter aside, his antics had caused Mauve to be constantly red. This was the only positive that comes out of his teasing— Mauve blushing is possibly the cutest sight I had seen in my life.

I knew she was interesting when I would see her tell off people for trying to judge her, or her friends. I've watched her stand up for herself and Damaris countless times, until there was no one they had to stand up to. She was something like a Hogwarts princess— almost everyone loved her. It's not much of a surprise, either. She stands up to Gryffindors, she's kind to Slytherins. She's fiery, strong, and highly intelligent. She's a deep thinker, a deep feeler.

I admire her a lot.

Of course, none of these thoughts have ever left my mouth. Even if I wanted to let her know I admire her, I wouldn't know how to articulate it. It's not often that I feel strongly at all about anything. And there's also my father— despite hating him with almost all of me, I know he would be angry if he somehow caught wind of these feelings. I don't want him to take Mauve away from my life, and I'm not ready for him to do so.

Although, I know my mother would love her. They would have so much to bond over— they have the same favourite tea, knack of reading, and integrity. I would love for them to meet.

But I know it's only wishful thinking. Good things don't come easily, especially not to a Malfoy like myself.

"You think Fin would like a painting?" Theo brings me out of my spiral of thoughts, comparing two paintings of an unrecognizable person. I assume it's a muggle that Einar must look up to.