031

(read a/n at the end :))

MAUVE VIOTTO

If you told me twenty four hours ago that I would be preparing to sleep in Draco's dorm for the nth time since we were friends, I wouldn't believe you

If you told me twenty four hours ago that I would be preparing to sleep in Draco's dorm for the nth time since we were friends, I wouldn't believe you. Especially after having the headset I pathetically tried to keep for the past few weeks. But here I am, sitting cross-legged on his bed while he's out saying goodnight to the others.

To say I'm nervous would be an understatement, I'm practically shaking under my skin. I suppose I've always had a soft spot for Draco, especially given his family circumstances. But I also know that it wouldn't be healthy for me to prod on my crush. It would crush me in the end, that's for sure.

"Hi," he closes the door behind him softly, looking at me with a sense of caution and hesitancy. It's been like this since we left the hallway. Each of us are tiptoeing around the subject, as if to avoid any talk of it at all. Blaise's words remain in my head even after he left.

"Hello," I pause, my voice wavering with my own hesitancy. He stands awkwardly at the side of his bed, so I make the move to give him some space to sit. But still, he remains standing.

"Are..." he trails off sighing, "are we ever going to address it?"

"Address what?"

"This." He gestures between us, looking up with a look of defeat. "Look I'm- it's just been bothering me so much and I don't know what to do, or how to fix it." His eyes glimmer, a layer of honestly pooling over his blue irises with a sense of desperation.

"Draco..."

"Wait, just.. just let me speak for a bit, yeah?" He interrupts softly, as if he expected me to say no. I nod and reach over, patting the duvet to encourage him to sit down beside he. He sits, twisting the ring I gave him as an indicator that he was nervous. I frown, should I just tell him I like him and get it over with?

He pauses before speaking, and I can almost see the thoughts swirling around his head. If my crush on him is why I had to distance myself at all, I don't want to bring it up. I'm not going to risk bringing us apart again. If he's happy with her... there's nothing I can do.

Besides, who am I to stop him from being happy?

He leans his elbows over his knees with his hands clasped together. For a few seconds, he's silent. Then finally, he begins with, "you know I care about you, right?" My breath gets caught in my throat and my head snaps up to look at him, but he keeps his eyes steady on the closed door. There was a hint of fragility in his tone, one that you wouldn't typically hear from him. "I know I don't show it much... but I do. And being like, whatever this is right now, it hurts."

Draco pauses again and I'm almost scared to interrupt in fear that he won't continue afterwards. This is entirely raw, he's showing the vulnerable side that I had only ever seen once before - the night we were both on the tower before Christmas break. The silence is unnerving between his pauses.