Chapter 43

Hill: Fired?? You're kidding, right?

Nick looked at Hill and he was very serious.

H: Nick?? Come on!

NF: I tried my best, Maria and I'm still trying to get fix this.

H: But I can't leave SHIELD, much less now, you know that SHIELD is my life! I dedicated my entire life to this and to you, besides I can only help Na...

Nick tilted his head a little and looked at Hill as if he was warning her to be quiet about Natasha, which meant the room could be bugged. Hill understood the look and fell silent.

NF: You need to testify about what happened and that can benefit you. You will have a few days to recover and go to court.

H: I'm going right now!

NF: Pay close attention!

Nick Fury said quite intonately, then softened his words...

NF: Take some days to recover, you just woke up from a coma. It is normal for your mind to be confused now, you need time.

Hill was going to argue about that and say that she was feeling great and that she wants to clear things up soon, go back to work so she can help Natasha because that will only happen if she is at SHIELD, but two women in executive clothes came into the room and looked Fury with surprise but nothing exaggerated.

- Mr. Fury!

Nick looked at the woman who addressed him, then at the other.

- I didn't know you were here.

NF: I was visiting a friend and she woke up.

- Didn't you know that doctors were going to get her out of a coma today?

NF: No. I didn't.

- Really??

Nick just raised his eyebrow and became serious, which made the woman clear her throat and look at Maria Hill.

- Maria Christina Hill, I'm Cassie and this is Louise, we work for I.P.C.S., the International Progress and Security Consortium. We are on the investigative committee and we would like to talk about the fugitive Natasha Romanoff who kidnapped the Vormirnian child who is under the tutelage of the state.

H: Which of you two is my lawyer?

The women frowned in confusion.

H: I am wearing an anklet, it means that I am under arrest, no one has read my rights but despite that I know about it already and soon I am entitled to a lawyer.

- So you want us to call one?

H: No, I will hire my own lawyer and I will only speak in his presence or through him.

- Miss Hill, it would be better if you talk to us now.

H: It turns out that I just woke up from a coma, my mind is a mess, I could give wrong information.

- You have not suffered trauma to the head.

H: I am unable to give any testimony now.

- Hmm.

- She seemed very apt when she remembered the lawyer.

The Woman commented to the Other.

H: Is that a problem?

Hill raised an eyebrow and the woman sighed.

- When can we get your testimony then?

H: Hm... I'll call you when I'm ready.