Chapter 16

Natasha: Steve?

Natasha called, when T'Challa decided to take Wanda and Vision to Shuri's clinical laboratory to assess the damage he suffered and what could be done to recover him.

Steve and Natasha were right behind them all. Sam and Bucky had stayed outside, as Sam warned that he wanted to chat with Bucky since they hadn't seen each other in a while and Bucky agreed.

Steve looked at Natasha as they followed this entire entourage, but when he saw that she stopped walking out of nowhere, he stopped too.

Steve: What is it?

Natasha waited for them to be at a considerable distance and then looked at Steve again.

Natasha: Are you okay??

Steve: I think you know me well enough to know that I am not. After everything I heard from Banner about Thanos, my mind is just thinking about it.

Natasha sighed and nodded.

Natasha: Me too... and about Vision.

Steve: Sometimes, I even forget that he is hurt.

Natasha: Steve, he doesn't feel any pain.

Steve: True, but the expressions he makes confuse me sometimes.

Natasha: It's just him inventing ways to look more human, I've seen him sigh and everything. We need to take that stone from his head and destroy it.

Steve: We can't kill him.

Natasha: Of course not.

Natasha frowned that Steve thought she was considering it a possibility. Doesn't he know that she has the same principle as him about not negotiating lives? It is true that she was not always like this but since joining SHIELD, she learned more about empathy and with living with him, she learned to have even more principles. It is possible that nowadays she has even more than he does, but neither of them knows it.

Natasha: I'm just... I'm worried.

Steve watched Natasha and noticed that she seems to be fragile, she was not like that before but it seems that she is now, which made him dismount from the austere posture, just for her and because she needs it, he gave her a more understanding and caring look.

Steve: This place has incredible technology, you could try it yourself. Everything will be alright ... They healed Bucky, they healed you ...

Steve touched Natasha's face and it made her sigh, she was positive with her head, feeling better right away, then Natasha put her hand over her mouth and closed her eyes.

Steve: What is it?

Natasha made negative with her head.

Natasha: I don't know.

Steve: Are you feeling sothing?

Natasha: I don't...

Natasha sighed, still with her eyes closed.

Steve: Natasha ??

Natasha: I...

Steve watched her with concern.

Natasha covered her mouth with one hand and took two deep breaths and opened her eyes.

Natasha: I think it is just the climate change.

Steve: You never had that before. Are you really okay?

Natasha nodded.

Natasha: I almost threw up... it must have been the food...