Chapter Nine

Kristina's POV

~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~

"This will be your room for the next few weeks." Sophie said, setting my backpack down on the bed. I walk in behind her, wide eyed. This bedroom was ten times as large as my other one back at home!

The walls are painted white and the carpet is crème and it feels like I'm walking on clouds. The room was very bright and colourful and a large kingsized bed was opposite the door; blue blankets and pillows were pulled over the mattress neatly. The windows had blue curtains pulled aside, giving me a full view of the front garden of the pack house and al the smaller houses beyond that.

"Well, until your dad's got your room all done up at least." Sophie says, turning around with her hands on her hips. She was serval in the room, breathing in all the space. This room was at least ten me's wide!

I walk forwards, making sure to take my shoes off at the door so my feet could sink into the plush carpet. "Woah." I mutter, grinning like a fool.

Sophie sat herself down on the end of my new bed, staring out of the window. I took a seat next to her, practically sinking straight into the mattress.

Oh my goddess, this is awesome!

I giggle, bouncing up and down slightly where I'm seated, causing Sophie to go up and down with me. She laughs and I grab her hand, pulling her up so that were standing on the bed together. I stared jumping, laughing loudly when Sophie lets out a squeak and tries to keep her balance.

"Come on!" I laugh, holding her hands tightly in my own. "Jump! Come on, jump!" She sighs in defeat, smiling as she starts jumping up and down with me. Her blonde hair bounces around with her, getting in her face.

We continue like that, bouncing and laugh hysterically as we do so.

"So," Sophie says, slightly breathless as she pushes herself up into the air once again. "How's your mom?"

"She's good," I reply, just as breathless. "She owns this little hair salon across the street form our apartment and she loves it."

"Oh good!" She says happily in reply. "She was always good at doing hair. She use to do mine all of the time when we were around your age. She always use to put my in-"

"Pigtails." We say together, both knowing my mom well. We both laugh, our bouncing coming to a slow hop.

"She use to do it to mine all the time when I was younger. In most of our pictures together my hair is in pigtails. I hated them."

"Why didn't you just ask her to stop?" Sophie asks me, confused.

"Because I know she loved doing it." I say, smiling. "It made her feel like I was little again and it made her feel like I still needed her."

Sophie's bouncing comes to a stop so I follow her example and stop too. "That's so sweet." She tells me, smiling warmly at me.

I feel myself flush as I jump down off of the bed. "She's my mom." I say lamely, putting it into the best words I could. That seemed to be enough for Sophie tough because she just nodded the smile still on her face.

Only this time, she looked kind of proud.

~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~

"Knock knock." I heard a familiar voice say as my bedroom door was pushed open. I look up just in time to see a my teddie poke his head around the door frame. I grin happily, I had forgot to pack Mr. Snugglebug.