Chapter Twenty Six

~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~

Josh's POV

~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~

Agony. . . Agony . . . Agony . . .

Was there anything else to feel in this eternal darkness of pain and death?

Fore that was to come. Death. My death even. What was stopping me for taking that everlasting step over the line into peace?

A face appeared in my mind. A beautiful young girl with wave waves of chocolate spilling down her shoulders, tanned skin so different from my own. A smile so bright it nearly blinded me.

Savannah . . .

How would she fare if I passed on? Would she be a able to bare it, to continue on in life after loosing so much?

Another face appeared beside hers. One beautiful in every way that mattered. Long golden locks framing that delicate little face of hers. Her eyes glimmering emerald.

Kristina . . .

She's ... Goddess, she was the brightest star in my universe. I loved her. Goddess knew I loved her. There was nothing I wouldn't do for her. I'd spend an eternity at her feet if it meant I'd be beside her for only a minute. She made my heart soar and burst all at once and it was beautiful.  She was beautiful, in every way. There would be no one on this earth who I could ever love more than her. And goddess knew I wanted her to love me back but ...

It hurt.

Every second.

Not this excruciating agony I feel searing through veins this very second but, my heart. It hurt when I looked at her and saw her look at another. It hurt to see her smile at enough and know it was not I who put that smile in place. It hurt to see her happy and it hurt to see her sad because deep down, I forever knew she would only ever look at me as her doting older brother and not the love stricken fool I knew myself to be.

Perhaps it wouldn't be so bad if I left, if I let go. If I cross over to the other side and let myself slip free.

But then who would be there to protect them? To protect them both?

I didn't have time to think before the darkness consumed me again.

~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~

Short but necessary.

Thanks for reading x

- C

Vote

Comment

Share