Chapter five

Kristina's POV

~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~

"You ready?" Mom asked me as she handed me my duffle bag to carry.

I nodded, gulping a little. "Yes," I said. "Are you?"

Mom didn't answer. She just rubbed my back comfortingly before she jogged off behind a tree to change. I sighed and did the same.

It had been two days. Two long days, at that. They seemed to drag on forever as if time was taunting me. I hated it. I was anxious and eager at the same time.

Josh, savannah and I had said good bye yesterday after school. Savannah had shed a few tears for no reason at all really while Josh'd just smiled and hugged me close.

When I'd changed I met mom back at the spot and brushed my dark red fur against hers. Rogue wolves can't mind-link since they aren't in a pack but because we were related and in our own mini pack we could mind-link each other.

Don't be nervous, she told me, it'll all be fine.

Are you sure you can't come with me, I asked her, already knowing the answer.

No, not yet, she told me and I nodded my big wolf head before picking up my duffle bag by the straps.

"Wait!" I heard someone yell. Mom and I looked back to see Josh and Savannah speeding towards us. I glance at mom in confusion but she just whined as if saying, 'I don't know'.

"We're coming with you." Savannah said once they'd reached us.

Woah, what!

"We talked about it," Josh told us. "And we decide it was for the best, someone has to help protect you and your mom out there in the real world." He grinned.

The real world?

"We taking the car." Savannah said, pointing to a car parked on the pavement wonkily. "And we will meet you at the motel."

"Here let us take you bags." Josh said reaching a hand out to us.

When did we decide this, I asked mom through the mind-link.

We didn't, she replies looking at Josh and savannah.

But they did, I thought to myself as I dropped my bag on the ground at Josh's feet. He wrinkled his nose and grabbed the bag which was slightly slobbery from being in my mouth.

Savannah did the same with moms before they shot off towards the car as if they feared that we'd shift back and tell them no.

Huh, looks like the four of us are going.

~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~

The motel was pretty basic. It wasn't horrifically unhygienic but it wasn't a five star hotel either.

Our room - which had two single beds, a couch, a small box tv and a miniature fridge - was pretty dirty. The walls and ceiling were slightly damp and mossy in some places and there were a few spiders and cobwebs here and there which I'd screamed about for at least fifteen minutes until mom got rid of them all.

I have a huge fear of spiders that it isn't even funny. It's unnatural. The legs, the eyes and the speed just - ugh! No. I. Don't. Do. Spiders. Okay, sure, I couldn't see the eyes but who cares! They were just plain creepy!

We were going to wait here for Josh and Savannah to arrive. Since we were running in our wolf form we got here quicker. When they got here I was going to freshen up a bit but I was slightly afraid of using the shower incase It poured out blood instead of water. Just at the thought shivers ran down my spine.