Chapter Twenty Five

~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~

Jake's POV

~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~

I could do nothing but stare, helpless to my emotions as they washed over me in a tidal wave of love, loss and unending pain. Because she was so beautiful. So, damn beautiful. Like the brightest of stars glowing in the inky black of night. She was the very definition of perfection. Every. Single. Inch of her.

I swept my gaze over her toned and luscious body, my heart wedged high in my throat as I skidded to a stop a few feet from her, paws skittering against the earth, claws wedging themselves deep in the dirt. She had stormed towards me, marching like the world was at her feet, gliding across the compact ground with simple elegance as if the wind itself carried her to me, cradling her in its cold embrace as if she was the worlds most precious jewel. Her hair flowed behind her in a flurry of golden rays, the brightening ripe orange of the sky making the silken locks glint with the peach red from heavens above. And her eyes, goddess her eyes, they were as beautiful as the day I'd met her, a glowing emerald green, woven with lighter shades of the forest, framed by a pair of long curling lashes which blinked at me vengefully as she approached both Nico and myself at a deathly rate.

And her body . . .

Goddess, I'd never seen anything like it. Her shoulders were broad rather than thin and dainty and her neck was long and slender, and bare of any mark, I was relieved to see, her skin faintly tanned and the delicate fine bones of her collarbone were speckled light with sun duster freckles. Her long, deep green cotton shirt hugged her every curve as it fell down to her past her waist. The soft indenture of her little waist and the large stretch of her wide set hips and perhaps the most eye catching at all, her full sloping breaths which were complimented greatly by her choice of clothes were only another part of the equation that resulted in her beauty. And those jeans . . . They hugged her so well. 

I had no words for the great and terrible holy sight before me. But I did knew one thing. My mate was on a mission, a force to be reckoned with, and she would not back down until she got what was hers. I knew this especially when she opened her mouth and bellowed at me with a face full of bloodthirsty rage, her cheeks pink with heat, "Where the hell is my daughter!"

And, still, I could only state.

For how long has I for her? Dreamed of her? Yearned to hear but one word uttered from those plump and sinful cherry pink lips of hers? And now here she was, my mate, in the flesh and I could do nothing but stare at her as if I had become a damn rogue simpleton.

And I most certainly was not an idiot; I was an alpha. One of the strongest beings the grace the earth and I commanded a pack and I was strong and . . . and . . . and I was an alpha! So why was I stuck so dumb?

I didn't even need to pause the think over that question before I got the answer, a fact too painfully obvious to bare.

"Where is she!" Melanie, my beautiful, wondrous, Melanie screamed at me in anger and gods, even that was beautiful. The way her brows set dangerously low over those emerald orbs of hers and those cute little frown lines between her fine haired brows. The slight down tilt to the corners of her  mouth and ragged heaving off her breasts. The very same breasts I'd once had the honoured privilege to graced my finger tips over.