Chapter Eleven

Kristina's POV

~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~

"Come in." My father said from the other side of the door after Nico had knocked. Josh was standing beside me, his hands were stuck into his jacket pockets as he waited patiently for Nico to open the door.

The girls - Rhea, Tiffany and Rainie - had parted ways with us outside, each making promises to come back and see us soon.

The door swung wide and I saw that my father was seated behind his desk like he'd been the last few times I'd been in his office. He was dressed in what looked like a pair of blue jeans and a dark blue t-shirt.

He smiled when we came in, his cool blue eyes connecting with mine. That pretty much told me that he wasn't smiling at Nico or Josh. I smiled back at him and gave a small wave.

My fathers eyes slid past me and settled on Josh. His eyes narrowed as he leaned forwards in his high backed chair, resting his arms on the desk.

"This is the rogue friend of yours who put my men in the infirmary." He stated, his voice void of any emotion. Josh looked surprised at the acknowledgement and had the nerve to smile.

"It's their own fault," He said, shrugging casually as if talking about the weather. I rolled my eyes and jabbed my elbow into his side forcefully. He look down at me and I glared. "Oh! Um, I mean, I'm sorry for doing that?"

I nodded at him. It was a good enough answer for me.

My father simply raised a brow, sitting back in his chair. "You are a good fighter." My father tells him. Josh doesn't even reply to him, he just watches my dad suspiciously, like he was expecting him to jump up and attack him at any moment. "Were you a fighter? In your old pack, I mean."

Josh nodded stiffly. "Training to be one."

He'd been doing pretty well in training from what I'd heard. Apparently, he was at the top of his class and had a shot at being the next in line for for head warrior.

My father hummed in thought, fixing Josh under his intense gaze as he scrutinised him for head to toe. He didn't say anything and neither did Josh. Eventually I got the drift that this was going absolutely nowhere so I cut in.

"So," I say, rocking back on my heels, "What are we doing today?" I question even though Nico had informed me about what we were going to do moments before. My father switches his gaze to me and his lips twitch up in to a smile before he pushes his chair away from the large oak desk and gets to his feet. I had to admit, he looked kind of intimidating.

"I'm going to show you the territory. Show you where the packs' land begins and ends so that you don't go running off of it and put yourself in any danger." He informs me as he produces a backpack from under his desk. It was a simple dark blue and looked way to small for my father. It looked like one of those miniature backpacks for kids when he stood beside it. No kidding.

I nod, walking over curiously. "The whole territory? In one day?" My father just shrugs, holding the pack out for me to take. I raise a brow questioningly before taking it from his grasp.

"It doesn't matter how long it takes really. As long as you know the boundary lines and where everything is." He informs me as I shrug the backpack onto one shoulder. I wondered if he had a map. I'd know my way around with a map. Like one of those really easy maps because I wasn't good at reading the ones with the long squiggly lines and tiny weenie writing on.

"What's in here?" I pat the side of the backpack softly.

"Lunch." He says gruffly, walking around my frame and heading towards the door. I shrug and jog after him, followed closely by Nico and Josh.