Prologue

Feel free to point out mistakes! And remember vote and comment!

~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~

Melanie's POV

~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~

I walk out into my bedroom as I struggle to pull down the skin tight black dress which barely even covered up my butt. Today Beta Joel's son is throwing some party for the pack members and my best and only friend, Sophie, is making me go and she gave me this piece of clothing to wear since my clothes are all 'as ugly as ugly can get'.

The dress she'd given me is so tight that it was basically a second skin. Sure, it showed off the curves I never knew I had and boobs which I liked to keep hidden in hoodies and baggy shirts but in this dress it showed them clearly like they could pop out of the dress any second thanks to the plunging neckline.

It was a simple shiny black dress, nothing special about it, but I felt self-conscious in it.

"Soph! I can't wear this I look like a hooker!" I groan as I storm my way into my room. Sophie was sitting on my bed scrolling through her phone, probably texting her mate.

They had met last year on Sophie's 19th birthday. Sophie is older than me by a year and is way prettier. She had long blonde hair which came down to her mid-back and longs bangs which were swept to the side. Her eyes are a warm brown colour unlike my own unique bright emerald green ones. Sophie has long tanned legs, curves in all the right places, cheek bones and she's tall. While I'm short, have no curves (except in this very dress), I'm pale and my cheekbones are practically non existent. I'm not one to be noticed but she is.

When she sees me she gasps and jumps to her feet grinning widely at me. "Gosh, babe, you look sexy!" She exclaimed as she tugged me over to the floor length mirror in the corner of my room.

"I look like a hooker." I deadpan. She stands beside me and admires us both in the reflection. She is dressed in I similar outfit to mine. Only hers is navy, sparkly and has one shoulder strap unlike mine which has none.

"Maybe, but you are a hot hooker." She says lightly as she nudges me.

My eyes seemed to pop the most due to the cat eye style Sophie had done for me while my long brown locks were pulled back into a half up half down hairstyle with the ends curled.

I had done both mine and Sophie's hair. I simply did a waterfall style in her hair and curled it while she did her make up. Doing people's hair is one of my talents. I could do most hairstyles to perfection and make sure it suits the one wearing it.

The only accessory I was wearing was my great grandmothers locket. In was silver and had amazing, intricate designs engraved on the case.

"Here," Sophie says handing me a pair of black heels. "Not too high but not to low either. It will go perfectly with your outfit." I sigh and reluctantly take the outstretched shoes before I slip them onto my feet. "We are going to knock them dead! I still can't believe you agreed to come!" She says happily with a little squeal at the end.

"Uh, actually you forced me to come. With blackmail! That is not agreeing. That's saving your own ass from humiliation." I argue. Sophie had actually blackmailed me into coming to this stupid party. I didn't even want to come but clearly Sophie had other ideas about that plan.

Sophie waved a dismissive hand while grabbing her purse. "Whatever you still agreed! It might not have been willingly but you still agreed to come." She added as she strutted from the room, leaving me to stumble after her in these killer heels. Literally.