Chapter Fifteen

~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~

WARNING !!!!!!

THE FOLLOWING CHAPTER MENTIONS SUICIDE, IF YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE SUBJECT FOR YOU THEN PLEASE, DONT READ THE FIRST FEW PAGES !!!!!!

KNOW YOUR LIMITS, DONT SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU !!!!!

~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~

Kristina's POV

~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~

I fell asleep.

I don't know if it was because my tears had brought on a headache or because I was just really tired but I fell asleep.

I had sobbed in Josh's arms and he had held me. I knew that I most likely threw a truck load of guilt on him by taking his words out of context but I couldn't help it.

I ruined my mothers life and there were absolutely no words to describe what that felt like. Knowing that that I had destroyed any chance of my mother having a happy future was. . . painful.

Did she hate me for it? She had to, I had taken everything from her. Her whole life. Her family. Her best friend. All gone, because of me.

Me.

"Stop thinking." Josh whispers from behind me.

We were on my bed. I was facing the wall opposite the window with my legs curled up to my chest. Josh was behind me, his back to my front as he lounged his arm lazily across my side. His chine was propped one the top of my head and I was sure that my rats nest of hair was getting in his mouth.

"I'm not." I reply hoarsely. He pulls me closer and an envelope of warmth blows over my shivering frame.

"You are. I can tell. Your thumb always twitches when you're thinking hard about something."

I clench my hand into a tight fist, pressing it to my chest.

We kept quiet for a few minutes.

I knew that to anyone else our embrace would look romantic but to us, it wasn't. He was holding me. He was comforting me. He was there for me. He was my best friend and he wouldn't just let my cry without hugging me.

Josh was good with crying girls. Savannah cried a lot. Especially at kittens. Josh often had to hold her when she saw a picture of one on Facebook.

She cried even more over the death of her mate. She often spent weeks at a time locked in her room, bawling over the loss only she felt.

That was something I could never understand.

Mates.

I got that your mate was like your soul-mate and everything, but surely them dying wouldn't cause so much pain. I didn't blame her for crying but she often starved herself for days at a time. I had walking in on her trying to overdose once. I had flipped out; screaming at her and crying as she sobbed in my arms, hugging the spilled pot of pills to her chest.

She had tried it again.

And again.

And again.

Four times. Each time she failed. I had stopped her the first three times and I hadn't told a soul, keeping it between us because I knew Josh would flip out ten times worse than I did.

The fourth time she hadn't been so lucky. She failed. But not because I stopped her. Josh did.

She didn't use pills this time. No. Instead she made two deep gashes on both wrists. Since werewolves heal too fast, it was hard for us to kill ourselves.