21. my warmth

My eyes flutter open to the soft dim light a little disorientated with the warm body below me for a second. The soft muffled noise of a t.v draws me back into reality and my eyes being to focus on the navy blue bedroom.

"Hey sleepy is up," Greyson croaks.

I swivel my head up peering at his knife-cutting jawline with those damn grey eyes twinkling with mischief. I shake my head curling my body closer towards his security of warmth.

"No need to make fun of me delinquent," I grumble into his shirt immersing in his laundry scent.

"Did you even try with that joke?" Greyson laughs shaking my body.

"Oh shut up," I yawn stretching myself away from him and lifting into a sitting position.

The t.v by his bookshelf is lit up playing a random football game. I take a better look at his bookshelf to actually see some novels poking out as if they had been read recently. I never pegged Greyson for a reader but he is always full of surprises.

"Wanna tell me what happened now?"Greyson asks sitting up with me.

"I slapped Sadie," I blurt out, squeezing my eyes shut."And we caught Georgia's dad having an affair."

"Did you get a good hit in?" Greyson asks immediately.

"What," I chuckle turning to look at Greyson with shock."I just told you all that and-"

"It's kind of hot," he shrugs a smirk forming on his lips. "So did you win the fight."

"Yeah, I guess," I say sheepishly, heat creeping into my cheeks.

"My girl," he cheers wrapping his arms around me tightly.

"Well not necessarily your girl," I tease, poking his chest.

I feel Greyson's body go completely rigid and release me abruptly from his tight grip. His jaw sets and his eyes have altered to a distant cold stare time traveling me back to our older interactions.

"What's wrong-" I begin registering his distance.

"What are we?" Greyson asks rising from the bed and holding his head in his hands.

"What?" I mumble taken aback by his sudden question.

"You heard what I said Adeline," Greyson scoffs gripping the end of the wooden bedpost.

"I don't know Greyson," I mutter twinged with annoyance at his tone.

"Well, what's going to happen at the end of this week, Adeline?" Greyson snapped raising his hands in the air.

"I don't think you really want to know that answer," I stressed rising from the bed.

"So what happens if we continue to see each other will this be a secret forever?" Greyson fumed walking closer to me.

"Why are we arguing about this right now," I complain stepping away from his large strides.

"Because Adeline."

At this point, my back is pressed completely against the wall with Greyson towering over me darkly. The truth, the scariest darkest truth is that I want him. I want Greyson to be more than what we are now but it can never happen.

"Nothing will happen so why are you ruining now?" I seethe narrowing my eyes at his dark grey.

"Because I want more!" He shouts. "Is that too much to fucking ask?"

"Yes it is Greyson and you know it!" I shout back growing angrier.

"Why can't you tell your family? Tell them and the end of this week could be different!"