1. bye dallas

"Adeline! We are leaving in five!" my father's voice echoes throughout the lofty walls of our house.

I stare at my bare light purple bedroom that encapsulated memories upon memories of my childhood. A stray tear glides down my olive skinned cheek and I gently wipe it away with the back of my hand.

"Coming!" I holler back.

With one last glance at my old bedroom I grab my backpack filled with my computer and essential items to bring onto the plane to California.

"Don't forget about that picture," my brother states, causing me to jump as I whip my head around to see Asher leaning against my door frame. His green eyes mirror mine as does his unruly honey brown hair. The only difference between the two of us is his pale skin that never tans which he got from our moms side of the family.

"I almost forgot about it," I sigh. I walk over to my empty white desk that has collected a sheen of dust to find the picture frame of our family that was taken at a Super Bowl game that my dad had won. All of us look so content decked out in our Dallas Cowboy attire.

"Wow that picture has to be 10 years old," I hear my other brother Will mumble. Turning around I spotted my two older brothers walking over to me to look at the picture closer. Will and Asher are one year older than me and they are twins but you would never have guessed that from looking at the two. People always think that me and Asher are the twins due to our odd uncanny resemblance to one another. On the other hand, Will was a pure copy of our mother. He has her jet black hair and deep blue eyes that popped due to her extremely pale skin.

"Look at Addie's pig tails," Asher teased, pointing at a seven year old me wearing our fathers jersey that reached to my knees.

"Oh, be quiet, look at your brace face!" I retorted, causing Will to chuckle and me to grin as nostalgia engulfed me.

"Touche," Asher grunts.

That year Asher got the elastics on his braces to be blue and white to support dad's team. Asher and Will have aspired to be just like our dad since we were little as did our other older brother Liam.

"Hey what's the hold up?" Speak of the devil.

"Come look at this Liam," Will beckons him to come over. Reluctantly Liam saunters over to us making sure to drag his shoes on the hardwood floor during the process.

"Pick your goddamn feet up Liam," I cringe, covering my ears to block the awful squeaking sound his new Nike shoes were creating.

"Whatever you say lil sis," He snickers with a naughty glint in his emerald eyes as he pats my hair rather aggressively.

"Stop that!" I swat his hand away, rolling my eyes as I fix my hair. Will and Asher just laugh at our bickering.

Just your normal day at the Kavanaugh household where I happen to be the only female sibling. Well since Spencer and Peyton went to college a couple of years ago and abandoned me with buffoon brothers. Spencer was the eldest of all the siblings and was studying at UNC to become a lawyer while my other older sister Peyton was a star basketball player at UCONN. Spencer used to play basketball and had a chance to go big like Peyton but after tearing her ACL her junior year of high school that dream was shattered. The Kavanaugh family is known to be extremely athletic, all of us taking after our dad in that department. The boys all play football and the girls all play basketball. That was until I came along and fell in love with soccer. Our dad pushed all of us to be the best athletes we could possibly be.

"Hey kiddos what are you doing? We gotta go now to catch this flight if-'' my dad stops mid sentence and looks over at the picture I'm holding. The vein on his forehead that was about to pop from his frustration slowly began to disappear as his pursed lips turned into a smile.