43: School Festival

Selene's POV

"Selene! You're walking like Calista again! Remember, you're not her! You're Selene!"  Ema frustratingly told me.

We were practicing my walk on the stage just outside the school building where they will hold the pageant. Ema just sneaked out of their dorm just to coach me. Gosh, this feels so illegal! 

Kendo caught her and she was okay with Ema coaching me, which surprised me. 

"R-right! Sorry!" I gave her an apologetic smile before walking back from the starting point.

What she meant about "walking like Calista" is that I walk stiff and stoic when I should be walking carefreely, in a relaxed way, and with a bright smile.

"And please keep a smooth and natural pace. You don't have to speed walk! Not too slow either. Got it?"

"Crystal clear!"

"Okay, from the start! Go back to the starting point. Strengthen up your legs, please?" Ema told me.

I glared at her, "You wear these stupid damn heels and tell me if you can keep your fucking legs straight and prevent it from shaking."

She faked a gasp, "You sounded like Bakugo, Selene!!"

I just rolled my eyes and straightened up but winced as I do so. I can't believe wearing these stupid high heels is torture! My feet were so painful! I bet I already have bruises in here!

"Can I just wear flats? Or wait! I have Bella Belle vintage boot heels! You saw it, right?" I asked her.

"Hmm, yeah you have..."

"Can I just wear that instead?" I asked in a bored tone.

She laughed, "what? Can't handle this, Princess?" She teased.

I gave her a deadpan look, "Yes. Yes, I can't."

She shook her head and chuckled, "Okay, okay. Go get that shoes and get back in here so we can polish your walk."

After I got my shoes I immediately start practicing again.

"Confidence!" Ema shouted. I keep my head high and maintain my smile while showing how confident I am. I pull my shoulders back and down as I walk.

>>>FAST FORWARD>>>

Finally, that torture of practice was finally done! I'm sooooo exhausted!!

I immediately laid down in bed and stared at the ceiling. A few moments later, I heard a knock on the door.

I was too tired to talk but I forced myself to open the door using my telekinesis quirk.

"Hey, Mooncake."

I glanced at Katsuki and didn't say a word, I just lifted my arms and gestured for him to pick me up. He clicked his tongue first before helping me get up.

"My legs are killing me," I pouted.

"Tch. Who the hell asked you to wear that goddamn heels, you idiot."

I made face, "It's Ema!!" I whined. She was surprisingly strict!

He just clicked his tongue and sat on the floor, "Give me your damn leg!" He angrily commanded. I just followed him and he massages it.

"Oooh, that feels good~" I sighed in relief.

He remained silent.

"How was the band rehearsal? How were the others keep up with you?" I asked.