27: Denial

Selene's POV

It's been a week since Bakugo got sick, he and I got a high score on our research. Though it's expected, I'm not bragging but we're both smart enough to slay that research.

Nothing much happened, except for those training in which we have to train harder than before, plus the extra class I'm taking and it drains the hell out of me.

Though, after we pass our research he never talks to me now. I don't know why, and I began to overthink it. I began to think whether he got irritated that I invaded his space out of nowhere, especially what happened when everyone knew about his condition at that time, he probably thinks that I cause everyone to witness his weak state. I didn't sleep well every night because of that.

Speaking of sleep, ever since bakugo watched over me that night, surprisingly every night after that I managed to sleep without any difficulties or nightmares. Even without taking any sleeping pills, in fact, ever since that I have taken no pills! It's still a mystery to me how could that happen. But I feel it has something to do with Bakugo. I'm not sure if he enchanted me or something that I don't know he can do.

"Why am I overthinking about it?" I whispered annoyed.

"You were saying something Hinata?" Shoji asked. We're currently on a bus and I sat beside Shoji at the back.

We are heading to the nearby coast outside our school. Aizawa-sensei told us we will be having hero basic training and rescuing. This time, one of the top heroes decided to train with us. Everyone has no idea who it is, including me.

"What? N-no, nothing" I smiled at him. "You sure?" He ensured. I smiled still and nodded. For the rest of the ride, Shoji and I talked a lot. Things like hobbies, interests, and such. Somehow we both have something in common.

When we arrived at the coast, we were surprised Gang Orca and his sidekicks were waiting for us. Without wasting any time, we started our training.

----------------------------------------------

After two hours of non-stop training, we finally got the chance to take a break. I was sitting in a gutter comfortably staring at the sea in front while holding my water bottle. I felt like Bakugo sat beside me, Shoji followed him and sat on my left.

I looked at Shoji, I can tell he was also exhausted. "Can you still continue?" I asked slightly giggling. He chuckled, "Yeah, how 'bout you?"

"Of course, I can!" I cheerfully said. I saw in my peripheral vision, that Bakugo looked away annoyed. I was curious why he was annoyed but I just ignored him.

Wait, why am I ignoring him again? 

Suddenly, I felt like the ground started shaking, the water along the coast also started to rise and fall rapidly. Everyone freaked out. "W-what's going on?!" Mina exclaimed.

After a minute or so, the earthquake stopped. Aizawa-sensei and Gang Orca received a warning from the coast's facility that there was a tsunami threat. They waste no time and ordered us to gather on the bus.

But before we do, we saw a gigantic wave heading toward us. We all panicked, of course, especially the civilians nearby.

"Everyone, get on the bus now!" Aizawa-sensei shouted.

"How about you Sensei?!" Kirishima asked.

"Just go! We need to evacuate the civilians here!" he said as he ran towards the crowd.

We followed him immediately, I ran towards the bus but then stopped in my tracks when I saw Midoriya was just standing frozen.

"Cinnamon! Don't just stand there! Let's go!" I yelled at him. He looked at me with an anxious face and those faces he makes whenever he's eager to do heroic stuff.