36: Date?

Selene's POV

Katsuki and Midoriya were both under house arrest, that's why they can't go to school today and for the next 2 days for Midoriya and 3 days for Katsuki--because he started the fight.

Instead of going to school, they will be cleaning the dormitory common spaces day and night and they must write a written statement of regret. What a pain...

Everyone was surprised to learn that they had fought the last night.

As of now, we're going to the assembly grounds for some school announcements since it's the start of the new semester.

"Hey, dear students! It is I, the small mammal you all love, the principal!..." His speech got so long that I couldn't catch up! It's so long, it's too boring!!

"There will probably be great chaos in society shortly. In particular, this will be more apparent to those of you in the hero course. You must approach activities outside of school, like the hero work studies that mainly second and third years participate in, with a great sense of caution and crisis than before."

So it's like the next level of the internships we did...

"And now, we have a few warnings from the non-curricular guidance teacher, Mr. Hound Dog," Vlad King-sensei announced.

Mr. Hound Dog stood on the stage, he has this scruffy blond hair sticking straight out behind his head. He also wears a muzzle over his slightly pointed snout in his hero costume.

"Grrrr...Yesterday...grrr...At the dorms! Grrr...Growl....! Unused to grr...life--" He howls. 

U-uh...e-eh...?

All that I understand is "grr" and the howl...

"Let's see... students were fighting last night. You must be unused to life at the dorms, but let's live a life of moderation, is what he means." Vlad King-Sensei interpreted.

I see. Mr. Hound dog speaks incoherently and violently with a mix of words and a sound akin to a dog's growling when he's mad.

Midoriya and Katsuki are being treated as problem children, aren't they? I let out a sigh.

-------------------------

"Okay then, we'll be continuing regular classes starting today. A lot of unprecedented things happened, but you'll need to switch gears and focus on your duties as students. We'll be staying inside the classroom today, but this semester, you'll have even harsher training than before."

We're back to our classroom and Aizawa-sensei gave us some heads up.

"He's not talking about it," I heard Mina whisper.

"What's that, Ashido?" Aizawa-sensei muttered lowly and in a menacing voice.

Mina jolts in fear, "I haven't felt this in a while!"

"I'm sorry, can I ask a question?" Tsuyu-chan raised her hand. "Can you tell us what the 'hero work studies' that came up earlier during the opening ceremonies are about?"

"Oh yeah, the principal said something about that," Sero commented.

"I was wondering, as well," Tokoyami replied.

"I was planning to talk more about those at a later date, but...I guess telling you guys now is more logical. To put it simply, they're hero activities outside of school. Like the internships, you did under heroes before...only closer to the real thing." Aizawa-sensei explained.