8: Let the battle begins

Selene's POV

The rest of the first-year students finally finished the race. I got surprised when my classmates congratulated me, not just them, but also the other section and courses! Most of them were boys but I just ignored it and says my gratitude. 

They showed us the ranking lists and sadly, only 42 students got in. Midnight then announced the second round and that is a cavalry battle. 

It's funny because when we discovered what the second round will be, Shu, Rehan, Ema, and I looked at each other. 

Looks like I found my team already...

Ema is the one assigned to be the rider since she can stretch her arms and legs, it would be much easier for her to snatch the points away from our enemies. Rehan is in the front, he can manipulate metals and use them as a shield to protect and block all possible attacks from the front. 

While Shu and I will be the wings. Shu can use his gargoyle wings to help us evade the enemy's attack and I can support it by using a levitation spell. We both are assigned to keep the enemies away with our skills and power. We're in charge of the defense and movement. 

Basically, we just have to keep our battle points and collect or rather steal others' points to win. 

Everyone targeted Midoriya's team since he got the highest point and of course, that includes us. 

------------------------

We made it to the 2nd place, it's depressing because we didn't have the chance to steal Midoriya's point and Todoroki's team got it. They got 1st place, Bakugo's team got 3rd, Midoriya's team got 4th, and that guy from the general course got 5th. 

But what matters the most is that our team made it. 

"Now, we'll take an hour's break for lunch. Before we start the afternoon fighting! See yah!!" Present Mic announced. 

"Aaahhh at last I'm starving!" I whined. Then we all get our lunches.

-----------------------

After lunch, Kaminari and Mineta approach me and Ema and said, "Hey the two of you! Why are you still here? You should be with the other girls in the locker room!" Kaminari said. 

In an instant, my brows turned into pretzel knots.

"Why? What's going on?" Ema asked. 

"Well, Aizawa-sensei asked us to tell you girls that you need to change. It's mandatory you know. There's cheerleading battle stuff. " Mineta said in all seriousness. I raised a brow. 

"Are you---"

"Let's go, Selene! I don't want to get expelled just because we didn't follow Aizawa-sensei's orders!!" Ema said panicking while dragging me. 

I sighed and let her drag me to the locker. 

---------------------

We walked out to the stadium, I was confused and so everyone that is looking at us as if their thinking that we were weird. 

I scanned the whole stadium, the girls in the other course and section were still wearing their uniforms. Well, except for those real cheerleaders from America. But above that, our class was the only one that was wearing this tight cheerleader dress.

"What are they doing?" Aizawa-sensei said in disbelief. He's talking right now using his mic!!

"What's the matter, Class A? What kind of fan service is that?" Present Mic asked. I facepalmed while trying to hide my face.