44: Beauty Pageant

Selene's POV

The whole UA school looks so festive! There are a lot of people as well! Some of them were outsiders. 

"Hinata-san, here's some tea to help you calm down!" Yaomomo came and gave me a thermal tumbler. 

"Thanks, Yaomomo! I badly need one right now!" I took the tumbler from her hands. 

"Oh my, your hands are sooo cold!" She gasped. 

 I gave her an apologetic smile, "I'm just really nervous right now." I took a sip of the tea. Ahh, just what I needed...

The rest of the group left just a few moments ago, it's just me, Yaomomo, and Mina together with the other candidates here backstage. 

From here, I can hear everyone's cheer. Some of them were chanting my name, some were Nejire-senpai's, and Kendo's. 

"You'll be fine, Hinata-san! Just enjoy and do your best!" Yaomomo told me. I nodded at her. 

"Candidates! Stand by! The show will start in five minutes! To your position now, ladies!" 

I hurriedly bade goodbye to Yaomomo and Mina, since they should take it from here and went on the line. 

"Let's do our best, girls!" Nejire-senpai exclaimed and we all agreed. There were nine of us contestants, by the way. 

12 PM

"Good noon, ladies and gentlemen of UA High School!!" The emcee announced and the crowd got excited. "Today, witness as 9 dazzling candidates present their very best and vie for the covetous title of UA's Miss Con right here at this stage!" 

Geez, I can't focus on what the emcee is saying! I'm so nervous! I feel like anytime soon my heart will come out of my chest and my knees will collapse! My hands were shaking as well!

I took a peek outside the curtains and saw how big the crowd is! Damn, they're too many!

I took a deep breath and calm myself. Remembering what the people I care about told me before this pageant. 

You can do this, Selene. Don't ever think about winning or the pressure. Just enjoy the show, and show everyone your charm and talent. You can do this! 

For class 1-A...

For my classmates who supports and helped me all the way...

For Katsuki...

I nodded and clenched my fists, I can do this!

"So, let's not prolong the agony of waiting. Let's finally start today's event! Fasten your seatbelts, everyone! Here are our lovely candidates in their lovely dresses! " The emcee said and called on the first five candidates. 

Kendo went first before me, the order follows by sections and by year. 

"Next, class 1-A's representative, Hinata, Selene!" 

I took a deep breath, stand tall, chin up, and smiled brightly as I walked outside and do the ramp walk.

I can do this!

Katsuki's POV

"Next, class 1-A's representative, Hinata, Selene!"

My eyes focused on my most beautiful Mooncake. She looks stunning and fucking exquisite in her dress. Not to fucking mention, she made that on her own! I'm so proud of her! 

So fucking sexy, radiant, captivating, breathtaking--everything! Those other damn bitches have nothing compared to her! 

She walks like a freaking model! And those fucking legs of hers that's showing, I can't help but just feast on it!