22: Quirks

Selene's POV

I was staring blankly at the cloud above me. I see nothing but the sky and a field of lavender tulips. I don't know how long I was in here...and I don't mind at all. 

"Am I in heaven now?" I asked myself. If so, then why? I should be in hell, right? I killed hundreds of people...I killed them using my quirks...

Wherever I am, I want to stay here...I'm all alone...away from people...just like what I always wanted...

"Agapité mou..." I looked at my back and saw Papá standing, his face was blurry but I'm sure he's Papá...he sounds like him...

Tears were building up in my eyes as I called him...I ran to him and hug him, but I just went through him, I tried again but I still pass through...I started crying...

"W-why can't I touch you?" I cried. "Hush, agapité mou it's okay. I'm sorry it took me a while to connect with you through my telepath. I used the enkéfalos to connect with you." He explained. (means brain; that's what they call a device specially used for telepathy; it detects traces of people worldwide through their minds)

I looked down, crying. 

"A-am I dead?" 

"No...but you're in a coma..." He said hesitantly. 

"Reminds me...why didn't you tell me about that pill?" I asked. It still bothers me.

"I would tell you sooner or later, but I don't know how and when. You were so determined to erase your quirk..." He said.

"R-right.." It's my fault, everything's my freaking fault. 

"Agapité mou, listen to me. Fight for your life, please. Don't leave us." He pleaded. I did not talk for a while. 

"I don't know...I'm tired of living...already...I p-promised myself I would never use my quirk...and yet I did...I'm scared...I--I don't know what to do anymore...I don't want to hurt anyone...I f-feel like...people were better off without me...I'm a pain...I-I can't even protect people around me from m-myself...I..I-I....can't t-take it anymore..." I sobbed in between the lines. I was shaking so bad and all I can do is to cry my heart out. I feel so suffocated with my thoughts.

"Selene..."  

"Mother is r-right...I am worthless..." 

The pain I've been through for the past 8 years is still here, reappearing. Those suicidal thoughts...it's all coming back to me now... 

Now I realized the worst feeling in the world is knowing that I did the best that I could to save people from me and it still wasn't good enough. I'm so weak and helpless! I'm pathetic...

I turned around and started to walk away. I'm done living...

"Selene...please don't give up! Selene! We still need you! Please!" I heard Papá yell. I ignored it, my mind is blank and in chaos. I continued to walk away...not knowing where to go...

"DAMN IT! YOU CAN'T DIE, YOU SHITTY BRAT!!"

"SELENE, PLEASE FIGHT FOR YOUR LIFE!!"